[25]

[Die in a fire - The living tombstone]

Dream rolled out of the portal and jumped into a crouching position, he pulled a knife out of each of his leather boots now wielding one in each hand.

He examined the area, he walked carefully, making sure every step was precise.

He saw a dim light from a room, he took a deep breath.

eyeing the room he was in one final time, it was plain, bland walls. It resembled an office block type room, yet the desks were empty, the computers weren't plugged into anything and were smashed up.

Dream raised his right hand with the knife, keeping his left one low.

He quietly turned the door handle entering.

A dark ghostly type figure was stood whispering to himself, papers spread out infront of him, a sword to his left resting on the desk.

"I see you made it, dream"

Dream kept his hands tightly gripped to the weapons, the figure turned a sinister smile on his face

"Bad- what are you doing here?" Dream didn't stop his defence
"I really thought you were smarter than this dream, i must've been wrong" He chuckled running his fingers over the handle to the sword

"I'm confused-"
"Seriously dream you thought i was a good guy-" Bad interrupted himself with a laugh raising his chin
"But you raised us- i don't understand"
bad shook his head taking the sword into his hands, the sound of it scraping against the metal desk rang though the room.

"Who assigns spirit guides dream"
"The union-"
"precisely"
"what are you trying to say?"
"Me looking after ranboo wasn't a coincidence; raising a tarker? they knew what he was. I was assigned to keep him in line until he disappeared. Act as a fatherly figure, simple enough?"
"What about sapnap- he's your son!"
"He isn't my son, he's just like every other kid i've been forced to raise. You really think he's just a purebred- Oh come on dream! He's a tarker! A purebred tarker you absolute idiot"
"But his blood-"
"Tarker blood varies, the union makes us say that it's white and glistening to stop panic. Spirit guides mostly get assigned to tarkers"
"This still doesn't make sense"

Bad chuckled swinging the sword
"Me taking george? Hardly a coincidence! The perfect opportunity to harbour the most powerful tarker whilst technoblade built his army- My goodness dream, you really are stupid"
"youre a traitor!"
"Hardly a traitor; i did my job, none of you were suspicious, meaning i was good at what i did"
"You knew i was coming didn't you" Dream observed the obviously prepared man, he held a sword and had various other weapons scattered within his reach.

"Oh dream, you are so oblivious! So gullible"
"pardon?" dream raised an eyebrow
"Don't trust everyone around you, i thought i taught you better"
"Bad- stop with all the secretive shit! just be upfront with me you absolute dickhead"
bad chuckled, tapping his watch.

Dream froze, it couldn't be- surely not?

"It seems sapnap is as stupid as you"
"you're not saying-"
"i didn't say a thing" bad smiled looking from his watch at dream
"regardless dream, i'm giving you two options."
"What are they" Dreams ears perked
"I either kill you right now and make technos job easier, then i'll go and kill george. Or you go back through that portal you came from and shove those daggers straight through his heart"

Dream chuckled, bad should know better

Dream raised the knives

"I see you've made up your mind" Bad charged for dream, dream moved quickly and raised his knives managing to get one through bads shoulder, bad retaliated getting dreams cheek cutting it open.

The two were stood opposite, bad at a greater disadvantage as he clutched at his shoulder.

Dream charged, cutting his stomach kicking him down.

"And you called me an idiot." Dream chuckled pulling a small canister of gas from his pocket he poured it over bad who was bleeding out on the floor, he lit a match and threw it onto bad.

Spirit guides died to fire.

Dream grabbed the sword that lay by bads limp hand and rushed out of the room that quickly filled with smoke.

He wiped his cheek, his brain still struggling to comprehend the information he'd just received.

He let out a deep breath and began searching the building. He opened a door, a figure turned quickly seeming shocked

"I found you- you dirty fucking pig" Dream spat raising the sword, he pulled a potion with his free hand and chugged it.

Technoblade laughed

"A duel it seems" He smiled grabbing his own sword
"That it is"
"It seems the time traveller was wrong, Halo was meant to be bringing your head to me by now" Technoblade swirled the sword passing it between hands obviously familiar with it
dream laughed, "I'll be dealing with him once i'm home" Dream twirled his own sword.
"Wise of you to assume you'll be making it home after today" Techno raised an eyebrow
"Oh, i know i will be" Dream smiled

Techno shook his head and charged, hitting dreams side, dream turned feeling the pain travel through him. He kept on his feet shoving his own sword in technos direction, catching his arm, Techno laughed mockingly before shoving dream to the floor, he dropped his sword and rolled as techno brought his sword down to where dream originally fell

Dream unclipped another canister from his belt, opening it he began pouring it over himself and techno, he stood, techno recognised the smell.

"You're killing yourself just to kill me? hardly a hero" techno chuckled as dream took out a match, dream shrugged lighting and dropping it setting the two of them on fire.

As techno was distracted trying to put the flames out, despite the tremendous pain travelling dreams body he charged for him taking his head off with a mighty blow, dream soon fell down as the fire consumed and burned his body as he cried out struggling to breath, his eyes beginning to close

He reached into his pocket taking out a totem

He snapped it in half, he began to levitate, the fire and burns clearing from his body. The cuts sealing over as if it had never happened. He slowly floated down, he looked to the centre of the room that burned with technos corpse in the middle.

He breathed a sigh of relief and ran to his portal.