16

Arriving back home Lauren felt kind of numb from finding out that her ex never got over her ex. Now she wasn't mad at Demi but she did feel hurt by Camila considering that their relationship technically wasn't real. How could it be when Camila was/is still in love with Demi.

"Lauren is everything ok?" Demi asked.

Lauren shook her head as she leans back. "Just came back from talking with Camila and I left finding out that she never stopped loving you even when she was dating me." She spoke softly. "She lied through our whole relationship about you and that's what makes me mad. I just wish she would have told me the truth at least once." She said.

Hearing that Camila was still in love with her made Demi feel very uncomfortable considering that she has no feelings (romantic or otherwise) for the girl in question. The love she had for Camila completely disappeared when she was put away and forced to stay in that place. She knew that a relationship with them would never work and she felt like she should make that clear.

"A relationship between us would never work. Our relationship was abusive and toxic, and I can't go back to that." She says.

Lauren nodded "I know and I don't expect you too." She says. "But am I wrong for feeling a little hurt by her lies?" Demi shook her head. "Of course not. I mean she's mastered the art of lying. So no believing her isn't wrong." She says. Lauren looked at her. "When did you stop believing her?" She asked.

Demi exhaled slowly as she plays with her fingers. "I stopped believing her after she put me away the first time. She made a promise that she'd never send me back, but she did." She says. "She said it was because she loves me so much that she wants me to get help but I know that it was to get rid of me to find another person. Someone less screwed up than me."

Lauren could hear the hurt in her voice and she just felt so bad because she could tell that Demi really did love Camila but if she's being honest she doesn't understand why. The girl treated her horrible and she doesn't get why. Demi is pretty amazing and how Camila treated her and the things she put her through is just wrong. Demi definitely deserves better.