30

Normani woke up in a room with a single light shining on Camila who sat in the corner. "So what's your plan? What are you going to do to me?" She asked coldly.

Camila chuckles as she stood up and walked towards Normani. "Since threatening your life didn't work I'm going to threaten Lauren and Dinah's lives instead," she smirks. "Now break up with Lauren or I can promise that you will never see either of them again." She said as she untie Normani from the chair. Camila hands back Normani's phone. "Now text Lauren and tell her that you no longer want to be with her."

Normani felt conflicted. She loves Lauren and she wants to be with the girl, but if she knew anything about her ex she knew that Camila always kept  true to her work. She didn't want to do it but in order to keep both Dinah and Lauren safe she had to do this.

Mani: Lauren we need to talk.

Lauren: ok. Is everything alright?

Mani: honestly no. I can't do this anymore. I can't be with you knowing that Camila is still after you. I can't have her doing something that might hurt Dinah and I.

Lauren: are we breaking up?

Mani: yeah we are. I can't have your problems getting Dinah and I hurt. I love you but being with you is too much of a risk. I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore...

Lauren had tears running down her face as she looks down at the last text Normani sent her. She knew her life was pretty chaotic right now but she never thought that Normani would leave her. She thought that she'd finally have someone but her side, but she was wrong.

Wiping the tears from her eyes she decided to go out for a while. She didn't know where she was going but right now she just didn't want to be here. As she opened the door she was shocked to see Lucy standing there.

"What do you want?" She asked coldly.

Lucy smiles "I wanted to see if you'd like to hang out." She said. Lauren thought about it for while and quickly came to the conclusion to hang out with Lucy. Her and Normani weren't together anymore so what exactly was the harm? Nothing.

"So how are things?" Lucy asked.

Lauren sighs "everything's fine. They could be better though." She mumbles. Lucy gently grabbed her hand. "Look I know you have a life here and you're happy, but Lauren I really think you should at least go visit your parents." She says. "I'm not saying that you have to stay but at least go see them. They miss you."

Lauren thought about it. Since her and Normani were now done and she's pretty sure her and Dinah would be over soon she didn't have much of a reason to stay here. Plus she hasn't seen her parents in so long and she does miss them. Maybe going to visit them wouldn't be such a bad idea.

-

Normani was let go by Camila and she was a mess. She felt a pain in her chest over the fact that she had to let Lauren go. She didn't want to but if she wants to keep both girls safe she had to let her go.

"Mani are you ok?" Dinah asked softly.

Normani frowned "I broke up with Lauren." She said. Dinah gasped, "why Mani? Why would you do that?" She asked. Normani bit her life because she knew she couldn't tell Dinah the truth. "Because her life is too crazy! She has her ex, who's also my ex, after her! She's putting us in danger because who knows how far Camila will go to get Lauren back and I can't risk with of us getting hurt." She said.

Dinah couldn't help but frown at what Normani just said. "So instead of talking it out and doing something to get Camila arrested you just decided to break up with her?" She questions. "Normani do you know how wrong that sounds! Lauren is probably feeling so alone right now and instead of comforting her you just let her go. I get that you're scared but we had each other. We could protect each other." She argued.

Normani felt guilty but she couldn't let Dinah know that. "Or we could both get hurt! I love Lauren but I'm not willing to die because her ex is off the rail! I'm only doing this to protect us." She says. Dinah felt hurt as she looks at her girlfriend. "But what about Lauren? Who's protecting her?" She questions. Normani kept a blank look on her face. "She's an adult. She can protect herself."