33

A/N: Today's my birthday.

Staring at her phone Dinah couldn't help the tears that burned her eyes. She absolutely loved Lauren but she was mad and hurt about the way she just left without even saying anything. She didn't say anything to her and that's what hurt the most to her.

"Don't you think you were a little harsh on her?" Normani asked softly.

Dinah scuffed, "nope. She left without a word and then comes back like nothing happened. If she really loved us she would have told us she was leaving but she didn't." She argues. Normani frowns "DJ, you and I both know why she didn't say anything." She said knowingly.

Dinah rolled her eyes. "So just because you guys broke up that gave her the right to drop me? I don't think so! I love her and I know you still do as well so she really has no excuse." She snaps. "Yes Lauren handled this poorly but I think it's because she was hurt. She was probably afraid that you'd live her just like I did." Normani spoke sadly.

Dinah didn't want to admit that Normani was right, but she knew that Normani was right. "That's still not an excuse to just up and leave. I just wished she wouldn't have left." She said softly. Normani gently held her hands. "I know you're upset that she left but you have to see it for her perspective. She felt alone, she thought that she had nobody and so she figured that if she left nobody would care that she was gone." She explains. "She never meant to hurt anyone."

Laying on her bed Lauren had tears running down her face as she thought back to her text with Dinah. It hurt how easily the girl pushed her away. She understood why Dinah reacted the way she did but that didn't make it hurt any less.

"I know you love you family but maybe it's time to go back." Ashley says.

Lauren sat up and looked at her friend. "I'm not sure that's a good idea." She mumbles. "Well you'll never know if you don't go." Ashley says. "And hey I'll even go with you!" Lauren thought about it for a second before pulling out her phone and text Ally.

Lauren: hey Ally. I was wondering if I could stay with you when I come back.

Ally: sure. Is everything ok?

Lauren: uh things are complicated right now. I'll explain when I get there.

Ally: ok see you then.

Lauren smiled as she looks up at Ashley. "It looks like we're going back to California." She says. Ashley squeals happily as she hugs Lauren. "Oh this is great! I have to go get packing." She yells as she runs out the door. Lauren sighs softly as she fell back on the bed. She really hopes this is a good idea.