63

Getting the call from Lauren to go pick her up had Normani worried out of her mind. She didn't know what happened from the time she stopped talking to them to now. She just hopes everything is ok.

Driving through Nevada she made sure to keep an eye out for Lauren because she really didn't want to miss her at a night like this. It was dark and nobody should be out at this time of night.

Knotting her eyebrows together she looked all over for Lauren until she drove towards a pretty thin figure on the side of the road. Pulling up next to the person she gasped. "Lauren?" She asked softly.

Teary green eyes looked at her and nodded. "Yes it's me." Lauren replies softly. Unlocking her doors Normani let Lauren in and they drove back home. "Lauren what happened?" She asked softly.

Lauren quickly shook her head. "I-I can't. I just - please just take me back to California." She whispered sadly. Pulling over the car Normani turns to face her and got a good look at all the bruises littering her body. "Lauren what happened? You have bruises all over you! You've lost so much weight since I've last seen you and you're crying." She says. "What's wrong?"

Knowing that Normani has noticed everything made Lauren break down crying. She was hoping that the change to her physical appearance wasn't noticed but unfortunately Normani could tell right away.

"I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry." She cried.

Normani wrapped her in a gentle hug as she told the girl everything would be ok. She was safe with Dinah and herself, and the wouldn't let anything happen to her. They would never let anything happen to her.

The drive back was pretty quiet because Lauren didn't really want to talk about what happened and Normani understood that. So she decided to lighten the mood.

"Let's get donuts." She gushed. "We can get two dozen and eat them on the way home."

Lauren smiled at the fact that Normani was trying to cheer her up. "You're incredible Mani. Thank you so much." She said. Normani smiles "you're welcome Lo."