CHAPTER ONE

A/N the picture above is what Alex's tree house looks like which is near by the beach that is near the Castle. Look at the map of United States of Auradon if that doesn't make any sense. I apologize if this is a bad chapter but I hope you like it!

-------- ✧ --------

Prince Benjamin, better known as Ben, was staring out the window looking at the Isle of the Lost with a unreadable expression as Lumiere was doing the measurements for his suit for the upcoming Coronation

"Sleeve, head." Lumiere said as Queen Belle and King Adam walked in to his chambers. Ben went to step off of the platform, but stopped as Lumiere scolded him.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned King next month? You're just a baby." Adam commented, thinking it was crazy how fast his kids are growing up.

Belle looks up at him with a small smile and pats his chest. "He's turning sixteen, dear."

"Hey, pops." Ben tried to get his attention, but that didn't work out that well considering Adam continued to not listen to him or maybe he wasn't catching on.

"Sixteen? That's far to young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least fourty-two." Adam said. Belle looked up at him with an offended look.

"Uh, you didn't decide to marry me until twenty-eight." Belle scoffed.

"It was either you or the teapot." King Adam joked as he sent a wink to his eldest son way.

He quickly said, "Kidding." after seeing the look Belle had given him.

"Mom, dad," Ben started to say again, forgetting that he was on the stole he went to step off when Lumiere stopped him. "Ah! " He exclaimed, pointing at Ben to stay still and Ben stayed on the platform.

"I've decided what my first proclamation as King is going to be." Ben continued.

His parents share a look with each other, happy and a bit shock that he had made his first decision as becoming king. "I've decided that the children of the Isle of the lost should to be given a chance to live here...In Auradon."

His parents stare at Ben with shock, his mother letting out a gasp, dropping Ben's jacket she was folding onto the floor. "Every time I look out at the Island I feel like they've been abandoned." Ben stepped off of the stool, walking to stand in front of his parents.

"The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" His father asked in disbelief.

"We start out with a few at first," Ben states. "Only the ones that needs our help the most...I already chosen them."

His mom nodded along, seeming more okay with this decision than his father was. "Have you?" His father asked. It was obvious that he was getting angry by the tone of his voice, and you never wanted to be around him when he was angry.