CHAPTER TWO

Mal was at Evie's castle, telling her and Alex what happened

Mal was at Evie's castle, telling her and Alex what happened. "Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Evie questioned.

"No one." Mal answers. "I mean, think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures."

"Will this delay our bringing over more VKs?" Evie inquired.

Mal crosses her arms. "We're talking about closing the barrier for good."

Alex's eyes widen and he shares a surprised look with Evie. "But you said no." Evie said in an obvious tone, looking back at Mal with a hopeful expression.

Looking back at Mal, Alex notices her teary eyes and he frowns when he realized something. "So you didn't say no."

"I mean, the four of us are living the dream here," Evie continues, referring to herself, Carlos, Jay, and Mal. "And we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?"

"Yeah." Mal nods. "I know." She sits down on a stool behind her. "I mean, maybe security or peace of mind for everyone in Auradon."

Evie furrows her eyebrows. "Is that what they're thinking? And they're seriously thinking that o one will ever go in or out of the Isle ever again? What, we never get to go back to see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted."

"Yeah," Mal stares down at the floor with an upset expression on her face. "I know."

"M," Evie stands up, holding onto Mal's hand. "I am so glad that you are going to be the Queen. You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the VKs." Mal smiles at her and Evie smiles back at her. "Thank you for telling me and Alex." The two hugged each other.

"Sis," Alex speaks up, smiling at the purple-haired girl. She looks at him with a smile upon hearing him call her that. "You're gonna be a great Queen."

Mal's smile widens. "Thank you, Alex."

****

The next morning the gang were getting ready for Jane's birthday party that was later that day. Alex was in the kitchen with Jay, helping him with packing the picnic baskets. "Morning." Carlos greets, walking into the kitchen with beach towels. "I got the beach towels."

"Great," Alex smiles. "We got everything else ready."

"Here." Evie threw some apples at Jay and he caught each one and put them in the basket. 

Carlos walks over to the other side of the kitchen island where Jane's cake is at. He smiles. "I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys."

"Yeah, I bet she will, Carlos." Alex agreed and glanced at the cake, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw someone took a corner piece. 

Carlos' eyes widen upon seeing the corner piece was gone. "Oh no." He looks at the back door that led to outside where Celia and Dizzy are at, unbeknownst to the rest of the gang eating the corner piece of the cake. "Okay." Carlos sighs. "Who got into Jane's cake?"