CHAPTER TEN

Maleficent froze everyone beside the VK's and after the fight with Maleficent, Fairy Godmother unfroze while Maleficent turned into a green lizard

Maleficent froze everyone beside the VK's and after the fight with Maleficent, Fairy Godmother unfroze while Maleficent turned into a green lizard. Then Fairy Godmother unfroze everyone else with her wand. Once he could move, Alex immediately rushed over to Evie who let out a laugh at how panicked he looked.

"Evie, are you okay? What happened?" Alex questions, looking at her with concern. He furrows his eyebrows when he noticies a green lizard on the floor. "Okay, what did I miss?"

Evie giggles a bit, putting her hand on his arm to comfort him. "I'm fine, Alex. I'm just glad you're okay. And yeah, you missed a lot, but it's not important since we got it taken care of."

Alex smiles at Evie and then pulls her into a tight hug. The sudden hug surprised Evie since she wasn't used to hugs, but she didn't hesitate to hug him back. After they pulled away, Alex noticed his brother talking with Ben and their mom fixing their dad's glasses that were lopsided on his face.

"You might wanna be more careful with this." Evie picked up Alex's crown that had fallen off of his arm when he got to Evie. When he was frozen, Maleficent had messed up his hair and put the crown on his arm.

Alex chuckles a bit, sending her a thankful smile as he takes the crown from her. He felt butterflies swarm in his stomach when their fingers touched. Alex fixed his hair and put the crown back on his head. He stood between Evie and his brother as the two of them and the VKs wrapped their arms around each other, looking at each other with wide smiles.

Jay grins. "Well, let's get this party started!"

The six of them then chant, "Ohayohay, hey!"

****

"Let's set it off, oh yeah. You can make it happen. Ohayohay, hey!" Mal and Evie started off the song, standing on the stage in front of the castle.

Alex stands beside his brother on the middle of the stage, grinning as they did their secret handshake while Ben starts singing. "King and queens, it's our time to rise."

Alex sings the next verse, smiling back at Evie when she smiled at him. "Write the book, the story of our lives."

For the next part, Alex harmonizes his voice with his brother's. "This is us, taking back our lives."

"Ohayohay, hey!" Everyone chorused.

"Break the spell, we were born this way. Be yourself, forget the DNA." Mal sang as she made her way over to the siblings.

Ben outstretches his arm to her. He takes ahold of her hand, pulling her over and then twirls her. "Everybody raise your hands and say,"

While this was happening, Alex noticed Luna and Doug were dancing together which made him smile. He wondered how Phoebe got them together. He looked over to the left where he sees Phoebe and Corey dancing together and he noticed they were smiling at each other. This surprised him since he had no idea they liked each other, but if they are together he was happy for them.

"Ohayohay, hey!"

Alex looks over to his left, smiling when Evie walks up to the front of the stage through the passage way the students made for her. "Sound the alarm, get on your feet." Alex watches her sing and dance with an awestruck expression, always amazed by her talent. "Let's set it off and rock this beat."

Alex moves over to her, grabs her hand and then twirls her around which surprised her. He guessed she didn't expect him to do that, but he noticed the bright smile on her face which the smile on his face never leave. He joins her for singing the next lyric. "Dance 'till your heart is wild and free."

Everyone sings the following lyric. "Ohh, oh, oh!"

"Feelin' the power, let it all out. Like what you see in the mirror and shout; " Alex dances along with Evie as she sang doing the same dance everyone else was doing. Then it was him singing the last part of the pre-chorus. "We got the keys, the kingdom's ours."

"Ohh, oh, oh!" Everyone sings again. "Ohayoay, hey!"

"Let's set it off! Oh, yeah!" Alex and Evie moved to the middle of the stage where his brother and Mal were at.

Everyone sings the chorus as the dance. "Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off, oh yeah! You can make it happen with everything you got. Let's set if off!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Alex noticed Jay and Carlos go up to Jane, who sat on one of the benches near the stage as they sang the second verse of the song. "Time to set this thing off. Let's make it happen now. I'mma make my own future, ignore the rumors. Show 'sm how passion sounds." A soft smile formed on Alex's lips seeing them bringing the shy girl up on stage. "They all told me I should back down. Judgin' me 'cause of my background. Thinkin' 'bout changing my path now. I ain't going out like that now." A surprised expression formed on Alex's face when he saw Audrey walking over to where Jay sat on the steps.

"Feeling the power. Let it all out." Audrey sings, offering her hand to Jay. Jay smiles a bit as he takes it and let's her help him stand up. Audrey smiles. "Like what you see in the mirror shout."

"We got the keys, the kingdom's ours."

"Ohh,et's set if off, oh yeah! Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off, oh yeah! You can make it happen with everything you got."

Then a break down dance happened in the song and everyone did the same dance. Alex danced with Evie and the two were smiling at each other the whole time they dance.

"Oh, yeah." Mal sang from her spot near the railing in front of the castle with Ben standing next to her.

"Let's set it off, oh yeah! Start a chain reaction, never let it stop. Let's set it off, oh yeah! You can make it happen with everything you got."

At the end of the song, everyone bowed to Ben. Alex stands up, looking at the fireworks with smile. "You never told me you can dance." Evie said, intertwining her hand with his.

Alex chuckles a bit, giving her a goofy smile. "You didn't ask."

Evie rolls her eyes even though there was a smile on her face. "Okay, I'm probably about to do something stupid, so please don't hit me." Alex told her, pulling her closer to him and before she could speak, he placed his lips on hers.

A few seconds later when she didn't kiss back, he was starting to regret kissing her. He was about to pull away until Evie tugged him closer. The kiss was amazing and he didn't want it to end, but they needed to breath so they pulled away.

"Wow." The two both say after the kiss and then laugh at the fact they said it at the same time.

"That was..."

"Magical?" Evie finished Alex's sentence.

Alex nods, feeling his face grow hot as she continued to smile at him. "Y-Yeah, magical."

A/N sorry this chapter is so short, but good thing is that alex & evie kissed! & surprise! luna & doug are now together! you're just gonna have to wait & find out about corey & phoebe though!