CHAPTER EIGHT

Family day

Family day.

The day where everyone families came to visit. They had it set up outside in the front of the school, decorations were up, and tables with food were set up. Alex and Ben stood in front Audrey, Lonnie, Chad, and Doug with some of the other kids standing behind them. The group then danced and sang an acapella version of 'Be Our Guest'.

At the end of their performance, Alex noticed that the vks had arrived and were standing near the food table. He locked eyes with Evie and smiled at her, his smile widening when she smiled back at him. He and his brother went over to their parents when they were called over.

"That was lovely." Belle smiled at them, kissing them both on the cheek.

"Thanks, mom." Alex said, moving to stand under the gazebo. He stands between his dad and brother as they were getting ready to take a family picture.

"Alright, smile." The photographer told them, and they did as they were told while the photographer took their picture a few times.

"Oh, by the way, I have a new girlfriend." Ben suddenly spoke up. Alex also has a girlfriend, but he decided to wait to see how their parents reacted to who Ben's girlfriend is before he brought it up.

Alex lets out a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad you broke up with Audrey." He admits, watching as his family looks at him with surprise. He raises his eyebrows, shrugging his shoulders. "What? She's annoying."

Belle shakes her head and gestures for the three of them to face the camera and smile again for the photographer. "Well, I never wanted to say anything, but I always thought that Audrey was a little self-absorbed with a fake smile and kind of a kiss-up."

"Same here, mom." Alex agreed while his mom chuckled.

"Do we know her?" Adam asked, glancing at Ben curiously.

"On the count of three." The photographer spoke, raising his camera to face them again. "One, two..."

"Well, sort of..." Ben's voice trailed off, glancing over at Alex nervously, who shrugged his shoulders as if that was his way of saying he was on his own with this.

"Mal!" Ben turned to where Mal and her friends were, gesturing for the purple-haired girl to come over to them.

Alex looks at their parents shocked faces, and he nods, forming his lips in a tight line, knowing that it wouldn't be that great when he told them about Evie being his girlfriend. "Okay, great, yeah that's just great." He sarcastically mumbled under his breath. The photographer happened to take the picture at that time with Ben being the only one smiling.

"Mal?" Belle inquired, glancing over at Alex to see if he knew about this. Alex opened his mouth, but closed it after realizing he didn't know what to say so instead he just shrugged his shoulders while Ben walked in front of them once Mal got over to them.