CHAPTER TWO

It's been at least a day since the rest of the vks and Ben left to go get Mal back

It's been at least a day since the rest of the vks and Ben left to go get Mal back. Alex hoped that they were making some sort of progress and that each of them were okay. He didn't have any communication with them so he had no idea what has been happening.

He also didn't realize how hard being King was. It was so much difficult than what he dealt with when Ben was there. He only had part of it to handle with Ben there, but now he has so much more to handle and he's surprised he hasn't gone crazy yet. His friends has helped him keep him sane though. They often come visit him and even try to help him out with some paper work.

The longer the group have been gone the more he missed Evie. He wished he and Evie could've spent more time together, but they've both been too busy. They usually just got to hang out around classes. And even though he has his friends he still feels alone.

He currently was at his shack on the beach, strumming his acoustic guitar. He was sitting at the desk that had his keyboard, drum pad, laptop, and notebook filled with lyrics on it. He then began to sing the song he just got done writing after taking a glance of his notebook that had the lyrics on it. 

"It almost feels like it was just a dream. All these memories of you and me. Blown away in the summer breeze. It almost feels like we just never were. All the time we spent was just a blur. Now it's just me and a melody."

As he sings the pre-chorus, he looks at a picture of him and Evie and a small frown etched on his face. "So, what am I supposed to do? 'Cause all these plans we made in the sand are through."

He set his acoustic guitar down, and grabs his electric guitar after he plugs it into the amp that's beside him. 

"Without you I'm on my own. Am I gonna be alone? And if it's only me, myself, and I will I be fine? So far from home and I just don't know how am I gonna make it? Brave enough to take this road out on my own."

Alex sets his electric guitar back on its stand as he moves to the drum pad that's set up near his laptop. He starts pressing some of the buttons, making a drum beat for the song. Then after he records him playing the electric guitar and the tambourine he plays the recordings from his laptop while he sings.

"And maybe I'm falling on my face. Maybe I'm landing in my place. And maybe we're a million miles apart. Or maybe we're standing heart to heart, but no matter what I'm walking right off this stage and never looking back looking back to yesterday. No way. No way."

"I'm on my own. Yeah, yeah." He belts out this part of the bridge, pouring all of the emotions he was currently feeling into the song.

"Yeah. As long as I got me, myself and I I'm doing fine. So far from home, but now I know that I am gonna make it. Brave enough to take this road out on my own."