CHAPTER THREE

As Mal, Uma, and Celia conversed with each other (and ate the rest of Jane's birthday cake) Evie had been catching Alex up on what happened while he was put under the sleeping spell

As Mal, Uma, and Celia conversed with each other (and ate the rest of Jane's birthday cake) Evie had been catching Alex up on what happened while he was put under the sleeping spell. He was surprised to learn that Audrey had gone evil and more VKs (those VKs being Uma, Harry, and Gil) were in Auradon, helping out the original VKs (and Ben) to try and stop Audrey. Celia had also joined them on trying to stop Audrey. 

Apparently, Audrey wanted to make all of Auradon pay for their supposed betrayal against her. Evie had also mentioned that they now hold Hades' blue ember that will hopefully help them break the sleeping spell, but Uma had ahold of that and wouldn't give it back until she was sure Mal would let all the kids from the Isle to Auradon. Alex wished he wasn't put to sleep because it sounded like he missed out on a lot of stuff and it was a lot to take in.

Alex's attention was brought to wooden boards padding up all windows and doors suddenly. He and Evie look at each other with shock. "You seeing this too or am I imagining things?"

"No, this is real." Evie responds and the couple get off the table they were sitting on. "Let's go check on the others." The couple intertwined their hands together as they rushed to the kitchen where the other girls were at and they see they were huddled together.

"Are you guys okay?" Evie asks, looking at Mal, Uma, and Celia with concern. "What's going on?"

Mal outstretches her arms, her eyes glowing bright green. "You've caused my friends pain and fear. We've had enough, now disappear!" 

The five of them wait anxiously for the wooden boards to disappear, but nothing happens. Alex raises his eyebrows, glancing at his sister-in-law. "I don't think your spell worked."

Mal looks at her hands, panic forming on her face. "Alex's is right, my spell isn't working. I'm sorry, you guys. Audrey's magic is getting stronger."

Something glowing caught Alex's eye and his eyes widened upon seeing the shell necklace Uma wore was glowing. Uma steps forward to stand beside Mal, holding her shell necklace as she exchanges a look with the purple-haired girl. Mal nods and takes ahold of her hand. The two girls raise their hands while they both speak at the same time.  "You've caused our friends pain and fear, we've had enough, now disappear!"

Nothing happened at first and Alex was beginning to grow more nervous. He was relieved along with everyone else when the wooden boards on all windows and doors fell. Uma and Mal let go and Evie goes over to stand by the two girls. She smiles. "You did it." Uma and Mal look at her and the blue-haired girl smiles at them. "Together! This is what I've been talking about."

Uma shrugs, glancing at Mal with a small smile. "I guess my shell likes you." Mal laughed and rolled her eyes.

Uma gets the blue ember out of her pocket and hands it to Mal. "Why don't you hold on to that?" Mal looks at her with surprise and Uma smiles at her. Mal smiled and the two girls fist bump each other.