CHAPTER FIVE

The next day, Alex was at the beach where the shack he made was at after classes, getting ready to go surfing

The next day, Alex was at the beach where the shack he made was at after classes, getting ready to go surfing. He loved the beach, and especially loves surfing. He always found it so calming and relaxing. Being a Prince meant that he got part of the beach to himself and anyone he wanted to join him which meant he was the only one out there.

He grabbed his surfboard he made and walked towards the water. He paddled out to where the waves started to break, waiting on his surfboard for a good one to come. A grin tugged on his lips when he saw a nice tall wave forming behind him.

Turning around, he starts paddling. Not too long after that, he got into a standing position when he felt it swelling underneath the board, lifting him up. He easily maintained his balance and ride the wave, letting out a yell of excitement. He did a double take when he noticed a familiar blue haired girl standing on the shore, watching him surf with what looked like admiration.

"E-Evie?" He stuttered, feeling his heartbeat increase. Part of him was surprised and confused that she was there, but another part of him was glad she was there.

The brunette headed boy lost his balance and tipped sideways off the front of the board. As he fell ungracefully into the water, the board flipped over, hitting him on the head.

He let out a grunt of pain, rubbing his head and laid his arms on the board. He then heard a giggle that sounded like music to his ears which reminded him he wasn't alone, and that Evie just saw him make a fool of himself. His face turned pink with embarrassment, wishing the waves would just take him away so he wouldn't have to go over to Evie, knowing that he would just make him more embarrassed.

After having a mental argument with himself, he got back on his board and paddled back over to where Evie was at. "Uh, hi, Evie." He nervously greeted. He grabbed his surf board and he walked out of the water to her.

Evie smiles at him, a shy blush forming on her face, thinking that he was cute. "Hi, Alex."

"W-What are you doing here? I thought no one knew about this place." Alex asked her, pushing his wet hair out of his face while he mentally scolded himself for sounding so nervous.

"Um, I asked Luna where you were because I wanted to talk to you." Evie nervously replied with a shy smile on her lips. Alex nodded and tilted his head to the side, confused at why she would want to talk to him, but he was happy to see her.

The brunette-haired boy holds his board under his left arm, looking at her with raised eyebrows. "Why do you wanna talk to me?"

"Well, me and my friends made some cookies last night." Evie shows him the bag of chocolate chip cookies in her hand. "I was wondering if you would want one."  Alex couldn't help the smile that tugs on his lips, thinking it was sweet of her to offer one.

"Y-Yeah," Alex nods. "I would love one." He takes the cookie she handed him. "Thanks." He smiled at her and he took a bite out of the cookie.

"So, um," Evie bites her lower lip and Alex was confused as to why she looks nervous. "Feel any different?"