CHAPTER FIVE

Uma walks to the front of the stairs, demanding Lumiere to cover the painting back up

Uma walks to the front of the stairs, demanding Lumiere to cover the painting back up. Lumiere shakes his head, saying that he won't. Uma looks at everyone, chuckling nervously. "Uh..." She looks at Ben with a smile. "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?"

Alex furrows his eyebrows as he looks at his brother with confusion, wondering what Uma meant by that. "I have an announcement." Ben said, offering his hand out to Uma who walks over to him and takes his hand while he continues to speak. "Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady."

Alex's eyes widen, sharing a surprised look with his Corey, Luna, and Phoebe. Alex looks forward when he noticed his and Ben's dad walk towards Ben. "Son..."

"Not now, dad!" Ben interrupted him which shocked everyone. He never interrupted anyone or yelled at anyone before. That was when Alex knew something was wrong with Ben. 

Ben's eyes widen and he blinks, shaking his head. In Alex's opinion it looked like he was surprised at himself for doing that. "So, uh, as my gift, uh, to her," Ben looks at Uma with a smile. "I'm bringing down the barrier once all for all!"

Gasps filled the air after he said that and people started to murmur with each other, everyone worried and concerned for this. Corey leans over to Alex and whispers, "I think your brother is crazy." 

Alex nods in agreement. "Yeah, he is." He stares at his brother with furrowed eyebrows. "Something is wrong."

 "Fairy Godmother," Ben gestures to Fairy Godmother who looks at him with wide eyes. "Bring down the barrier."

Fairy Godmother shakes her head. "I will most certainly not."

"I am your King!" Ben shouted.

Uma looks at Fairy Godmother with an intimidating stare. "Obey him."

"Uma," Luna looks at her with a glare. "Just shut up, please." 

"Ben's been spelled." Mal realized.

Alex nods. "She must've found your spell book."

Ben looked like he was starting to come out of whatever spell he was under, but Uma directed him to look back at her and started whispering to him, telling him to keep his eyes on her. Mal stared at the painting that was made for her for a few seconds before she walked down the steps towards Ben and Uma.

"Ben," Mal speaks, walking over to the two. Ben and Uma stepped away from each other as Mal stands in front of the two, looking directly at Ben. "Look at me."

Uma stands beside Mal, demanding, "No, look at me. You love me, remember?"

Uma kept trying to get Ben to keep looking at her, but Ben was starting to listen to Mal. This was when Uma grew angry. She looks at Fairy Godmother, shouting, "Bring down the barrier now!"

Fairy Godmother points at her. "I do not take orders from you!"

Uma looks back at Ben. "Ben?"

"Ben," Mal gets his attention, looking at him with a smile and teary eyes. "I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realize that yourself. But, Ben," She points at the painting of her and Ben. "That's me."