CHAPTER FOUR

"Alright," Jay said at fencing practice

"Alright," Jay said at fencing practice. "You all know I come from the Isle, right? Things are pretty wack." He scoffs. "But there is one thing the Isle's got on Auradon. If you're strong, we want you by our side, girl or boy."

"Hey," Chad nervously chuckles, stepping forward to where Jay was standing in the middle of the circle the fencing team formed. "Jay, hold on there, we don't break the rules here..."

Corey rolls his eyes at Chad and shakes his head. "It wouldn't be breaking the rules if we have a girl as the captain."

Jay points at him in a sing of agreement before getting out the rulebook from his pocket. "'The team shall be comprised of a captain and ten men.'" He smiles at the team. "So, uh, give it up for your new team captain."

Lonnie walks into the amp theater with a smile on her face. The only one not happy about this was, of course, Chad. "Thank you." Lonnie said after Jay hands over the whistle to her. Jay nodded, moving to stand beside Alex. Alex sent him a smile and the two fist bump each other. Jay leaned leaned behind Alex to fist bump Corey since Corey was standing on the other side of Alex. 

The boys then clap for Lonnie and she smiled. Jay was the first to bow to Lonnie, followed by the rest of the team, and Chad reluctantly did it as well. Lonnie blows the whistle. "Give me ten. Come on, guys."

****

After getting changed out of his tourney clothes and into his normal clothes, he headed over to Mal's and Evie's room since he's going to help Evie out with delivering dresses and suits. Evie said that he could also see his suit she finished making before they left. He was excited to see it and he knew it would look amazing because of how talented Evie is with making clothes. He knocks and opens the door after he hears Evie tell him to come in.

"You're delivery partner is here." He dramatically outstretched his arms and smiled while Evie laughed a bit.

"I'm glad. 'Cause we got quite a lot of dresses to deliver." Evie commented, pointing at the rack of dresses that could move.

"They all look amazing. You're super talented." Alex complimented, walking over to kiss Evie on the cheek before he went to the other side of the clothing rack. 

Evie blushes a bit and smiles at him. "Thank you, and you're super talented as well." She picked up three headbands off the desk.

"Also, you know what?" Alex raises his eyebrows, listening to Evie continue to speak. "I was lucky to enough to have been given a chance and now I need to give someone else a chance, too."

Alex's eyes soften when she said that. "You're talking about Dizzy, aren't you?" Evie mentioned Dizzy to him a few months after she first arrived to Auradon, saying how she missed Dizzy, that she was like a little sister to her, and how Dizzy didn't deserve to be on the Isle.

Evie nods. "There are tons of kids like Dizzy on the Isle who would love to be given a chance to come here...You think Ben would allow it?"

Alex looks at her with a small smile. "All you have to do is ask to find out, but I'm sure he would."