CHAPTER SEVEN

"I hope Alex figures out what to do

"I hope Alex figures out what to do." Luna spoke, working on her chemistry homework. She was outside, sitting at one of the picnics with Corey, and Phoebe, and they were all working on homework together.

"Oh, don't worry, Lu." Corey winks at her, finding it amusing that she got annoyed and grossed out when he winked at her. "I'm sure Alex is gonna figure it out."

"Yeah, I know," A disgusted expression forms on Luna's face. She leans away from him, failing her arms around before she finally formed her hands into fists, awkwardly covering her mouth. "But please, oh please never wink at me like that! I think I'm traumatized."

Corey and Phoebe laugh at their dramatic friend. Luna glares at them, crossing her arms. "Stop laughing at my pain."

"Sorry, Lu." Corey apologized, sending her a small smile.

"You don't mean it." Luna grumbled, turning her attention back to her homework. Corey chuckled and went back to his homework, satisfied with what he just did. Phoebe rolled her eyes at her friends even though she had a small smile on her face and goes back to her homework.

****

Alex had no idea what he was going to do for the date he has with Evie, but then he just decided on Phoebe's idea with teaching her how to surf and even have a picnic on the beach. Maybe he could even show her the song he wrote about her. Yeah, he wrote a song about her. He hopes it's romantic and not pathetic like how he thinks it is.

He has been rushing around, wanting everything to be perfect. He even got his friends to help him set up the picnic spot on the date and make some of the food. He also made sure to make one of his friends let Evie know to wear her swimsuit since they were going to the beach for the date.

Before he knew it, it was time for the date and he felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest because he was so nervous. The brunette headed boy walked to Mal's and Evie's dorm, fiddling along with the end of his hoodie sleeves along the way, something he often did when he was nervous.

He gets to their room and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He puts his hands in the pocket of his blue colored hoodie he wore as the door opened. "Wow." He said in awe, looking at Evie with wide eyes.

She looked at him with a worried expression, looking down at her red swimsuit coverup that was over her blue swimsuit and both types of clothing she made herself. She also had on flip flops that its pattern was stripes, and the colors were red and blue. "What's wrong? Was I not supposed to wear a swimsuit? I was told by Luna to wear one so-"

"N-No, nothing's wrong. I-you look great." He stammered, his face turning a light shade of pink.

Evie's eyes twinkle with happiness as a smile forms on her lips. "Thank you. You look great as well."

Alex chuckles lightly, finding it a bit amusing since he was just wearing a hoodie, swim trunks, and flip flops. "Thanks, I guess. You ready?"

Evie nods. "Yeah, let's go!" The two then headed out of the dorm building and he led her over to the spot on the beach he set up for their date.