CHAPTER ONE

Being a Prince of a kingdom had a lot of pros and cons

Being a Prince of a kingdom had a lot of pros and cons. Recently, Alex has been busy with helping his brother get things ready for the Cotillion. The Cotillion is when they are going to officially announce Mal as a lady of the Court.

Evie had her hands full of making dresses for most girls for Cotillion so Alex hasn't spent that much time with her as he'd like to. He hopes that he will eventually be able to ask her to be his date for Cotillion even though part of him already figured that they would go together since they're a couple.

Alex was currently sitting in the meeting room, waiting for his brother to show up. it seemed like recently his brother was doing other things leaving his King duties for his brother to handle. Alex understands that being King is hard, but that doesn't mean that Ben can just give all of his problems for Alex to fix. Alex is the Prince of Auradon, not the King of Auradon.

He sent a nervous smile to the council, and glanced out the large window that lined up part of the wall as he anxiously waited for his brother's arrival. A few minutes later, the door opened revealing Ben. He sent an apologetic smile to everyone and sat at the end of the table next to where his brother sat.

Alex sent him a small glare for leaving him alone with these people. "It's about time." He muttered quietly but loud enough so only Ben could hear.

"Sorry." Ben whispered to him. Alex resisted the urge to roll his eyes, knowing that wouldn't be princely of him and so he pursed his lips together and looked back out the window.

A small sigh escaped Ben's lips before he then faced everyone with a smile.

"Let's start the meeting."

****

"Hey, Evie!"

Evie stopped talking with Lonnie and looked to where she heard her name be called.

A bright smile tugged on her lips seeing Alex rush over to her. "Hi, Alex."

"Oh, hi, Lonnie." Alex greeted Lonnie once he got over to the two girls. Lonnie smiled and waved at him.

An embarrassed expression formed on his face. "Did I, uh, interrupt you guys?"

"Nope. Just got done." Lonnie responded. She looked at Evie with a smile. "I'll come by to your room at three for my fitting."

Evie nods. "Okay, sounds great."

Lonnie waves goodbye to them and walks off. Evie turns to Alex, noticing he was fiddling with his hands which is something she learned that he did when he was nervous. She puts her hand on his causing him to stop. He looks at her, his nerves beginning to melt as she smiled at him.

"You doing okay?" She asks him, tilting her head to the side. She knew that he was doing a lot of the King duties and was so proud of him for keeping up with it.