CHAPTER SIX

Alex was in chemistry class later that day, working on his test when he noticed Evie frantically searching through her purse for something

"Did you come up with a way to ask her?" Luna whispered to him.

He shakes his head, turning to look at her with a small glare. "No. And I really don't wanna talk about this when she's right there." He hissed, pointing at Evie with his pencil he held.

Luna lets out a dramatic sigh. "Fine." She said and continued working on her test.

"Looking for something?" The teacher, Mr. Delay, asked and Evie immediately closed her purse as she looked up at him with a nervous smile.

Alex looks at Mr. Delay as he held up Evie's magic mirror. "Thank you, Chad." Mr. Delay pats Chad on the back and Alex glares at the blonde boy. He knows what Evie did was wrong, but he didn't like the fact that Chad got Evie in trouble. "It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code."

Chad looks at Evie with a cocky smile and Evie just glares at him. "It will be my recommendation that you will be expelled." Mr. Delay told Evie and Alex's eyes widened with surprise.

Evie stares at the teacher with wide eyes. "Mr. Delay..."

"Wait a minute," Alex speaks up, surprising everyone, including himself. He wasn't usually that talkative in any class, he usually kept to himself and sometimes chatted with his friends. "She wasn't cheating since she didn't have that magic mirror with her. She's smart enough to not need a magic mirror to cheat. Just because she's a villain kid that doesn't give you the right to assume she cheats." 

Evie looks at him with surprise. She didn't expect him to help her out and a smile tugs on her lips when he called her smart. "Please don't expel her." Alex pleaded.

Evie nods in agreement as she looks at Mr. Delay with pleading eyes. "Please..."

Mr. Delay is quiet for a moment as he thought this over. He sighs. "Well, if you past this test I'll return your property to you and let this matter drop..."

"Thank you." Evie spoke with a relieved smile on her face.

"Thank you, Mr. Delay." Alex smiled at the teacher. Mr. Delay just nodded and walked to his desk. Evie looked over at Alex as he went back to his test. He looked over at her when she touched his arm. 

She smiles at him. "Honestly, thank you for helping me."

Alex shyly smiles as he shrugs. "It's not a problem, but you're welcome."

****

After class Alex was back at the shack, this time he was hanging out with Corey. Corey was laying on the couch, throwing a stress ball up in the air while Alex was sitting on his desk chair, spinning it around as he told Corey what happened in chemistry class.