Moving on

Beca's POV

I smile at Stacie as I hold her hand while they ultrasound her stomach. It was our seven month check up, I couldn't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I found out I was going to be a mom and now we're about two months from meeting our newest member of our unique family. I watch as the doctor looks at the weird gray blobs and smiles.

"Well the baby is still in great shape. Its a bit bigger now so you might notice less movement, don't worry that's perfectly normal." She tells us. She informs us of other things to expect on the final trimester before we head out. We had to leave school early to make it to the appointment but there is no point in going back, the school day is nearly over. "Do you want to grab an early dinner?" I ask Stacie. She smiles and nods. We didn't go out to eat a lot, take out is much simpler but its nice to go out like a couple every once in a while. We head to a steak house and we're seated right away, its pretty early for most people to be eating. I grab the menu and order an ice tea for myself and a water for Stacie.

"Ooo all of this looks so good. Would you judge me if I ordered everything off the menu?" She asks with a playful smile. "Of course not baby, I want to do the same and I don't even get to use being pregnant as an excuse." I respond as I look through the menu. Stacie barks out a laugh and eventually we decide what to eat. Stacie gets a steak and I settle for ribs. It was a hard choice.

"So... Aubrey had an idea. I wanted to see what you thought..." Stacie says while we wait for the food. I raise my eyebrow and wait for her to continue. "You know they will be at Barden next year... Aubrey is getting her masters and Chloe is going to be a junior... and they live together..." Stacie says with continued pauses. I nod as I suck in my ice tea. "So... we might need help with the baby and my sisters will be at this school and can help... so Aubrey suggested us all renting a house together. I mean it would be easier and cheaper for us with lower rent and free child care." She finishes studying me intently. I sit there and let all that sink in. On the one hand, she was right. It would be easier for a baby but... I have to live with her sister? And my sort of ex?

How's that going to go?

"If you don't want to please just tell me, I want you to be comfortable no matter what." Stacie says clearly getting nervous at my silence. I let hundreds of thoughts run through my mind before I make my choice. It was the smart one. I just hope it will be okay spending so much time with Chloe. I mean, it was just a summer fling. Nothing more than that. "Its probably the smartest idea. We will need help with classes and stuff so why not make it easier." I say with a shrug but trying my best to ignore an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Stacie smiles and nods before they come with our food. We devour our meals quickly before the waitress asks if we want dessert. We eagerly nod and get a lava cake to split.

"I can't believe we are so close. Two more months and not only will be be high school graduates but parents shortly after." Stacie says with a far off gaze while the waitress sets the cake in front of us. That brings her back to reality as she takes a spoonful. I take my spoon and dig in next. I moan at the taste, making Stacie wiggle her eyebrows at me. We discuss our finances and a reasonable budget. With my birthday coming and all the Dj work I've been doing I was pretty well off. Stacie had a decent savings from her babysitting gigs over the years and will have a better income once she can start bartending with Luke after the baby is born. We come to an agreement and smile at each other. This will be fine living with Aubrey and Chloe... right?

Stacie's POV

We proceed to fight for the last few bites of dessert before Beca pays and we hop in her car. We take the short drive back to her house but I know I have her trapped for the next ten minutes and I can finally force her to talk about her upcoming birthday. She always changes the topic... usually by seducing me... but now she doesn't have that chance.