The Middle Sister

Stacie's POV

Beca and I sit there with our jaws dropped as we look at the small shape take form on the moniter. "That's it? It looks to small" She comments squinting at the screen. The doctor presses a few buttons and looks at the picture. "It looks to be about 6 weeks." She comments as she turns to write some notes. "Wow six weeks." I breath out, feeling the tears starting to form. "Congratulations you two, it looks perfectly healthy. I will print your pictures." She says as she gives us a quick nod before exiting.

"Dude... we're having a baby." Beca breaths out. I start full on sobbing and she's quick to wrap her around me and pulls my head into her chest. "Shhh what's wrong?" She asks as she starts to lightly rock me. "Nothing's wrong... I'm just happy, its perfect Bec." I say. I look up at her and smile, she's actually beaming as she cups my face. "I'm happy too... surprisingly, seeing it on there just.. wow." She responds. I lean up to connect our lips. She smiles and kisses me back, we jump apart when the doctor reenters.

"Alright here are some photos from the ultrasound, I also got a few helpful brochures and some vitamins to make the baby even healthier. I want you back here in two weeks for your next appointment." She says. I quickly grab all the things she mentioned and smile at her. "You two are adorable together by the way." She says with a big smile. I blush and look at Beca who's now frowning and looking away from me.

The awkwardness comes back as we drive home. We pull up to Beca's and I grab her shirt before she can get out. "Beca tell me why you keep getting all awkward?" I ask, she frowns and looks outside. "I guess mainly just questions about the future... and us." She says quietly. I grab her hand and rub my thumb on the back of it. "I've been feeling the same... I don't know what you want right now... but I think we shouldn't jump into something we aren't ready for just because I'm pregnant... maybe take things slow and build a foundation for the baby?" I suggest. Beca gives me a big smile and nods. "That sounds perfect to me." She says relieved. We walk back into the house and we are nearly tackled by Emily.

"Finally! Where is your phone!? I wanted a play by play!" Emily yells pulling us both to the living room. She throws us on the couch and pulls a chair in front of us and takes a seat. "Shit sorry Em, I left my phone at home." Beca says with a shrug. Emily playfully hits Beca's arm. "Well tell me! What happened!?" Emily yells leaning forward so her head is in her hand, her elbows on her knees. Beca laughs and reaches into her pocket, pulling out the sonogram and showing it to Emily. The younger girl squeals as she looks at the photo.

"I'm going to be the best aunt ever! Just look at the little blob!" Emily coos. Beca smiles and puts her arm around me. "Hell yeah. I just can't believe this is really happening." Beca says with a smirk as she shakes her head. Emily hands back the picture and looks at us. "Come to think about it... how did this start? Between you two?" Emily asks. I guess Beca never told her. Beca laughs and looks at me. I shrug and she smirks while leaning forward.

"Well..." Beca starts..

_________________________

Beca's POV

Flashback

Okay I'm drunk. I somehow got roped into this stupid party the jocks were throwing and I do not want to be here, so naturally I got trashed. Jessica grabs me and pulls me towards the beer pong table. I stumble forward, nearly taking out the table but Jessica catches me... however Jessica is also drunk and we fall to the floor instead. I don't miss the quick flash of lust over her face.