Hear Me

Beca's POV

I drive us as quickly but safely as I can to the hospital. I have no idea what time it is but its dark out. I get us to the hospital and we rush in to Emily's room. "Em! I yell rushing forward and gently wraps my arms around Emily. I notice her jump at the contact until she relaxes when she sees its me. She wraps me up until she pulls away and wipes a tear from her eye. "I was so worried about you. And I'm going to kick your ass for that stunt you pulled." I warn seriously. I'm going to. When she is less injured of course. Emily turns her head slightly to the right as I talk.

"What've the doctors said?" I ask sitting on one of the chairs. Stacie hugs Emily before joining me. "Thank goodness you're still preggo. I was worried I missed the birth." Emily says with her normal smile. Stacie and Emily continue to chat and I take my chance to check over Emily. She looks pretty beat up, multiple unique bruises line her skin. I feel like there's something she's not telling me. I continue to study her until something hits me. I see how she seems to have to turn her right side to the person whose talking.

I can feel myself starting to lose control of my temper. "Is the the hearing loss in your left ear permanent?" I spit out. Stacie looks startled as she studies Emily. Emily turns to face me. She lets out a low sigh. "Can't hide shit from you huh?" Emily says. I don't say anything. I'm frustrated with her avoiding my answers. I just proceed to stare at her, she can't keep changing the subject. I'm getting freaking worried.

Emily has been my best friend since we were born. We are Irish twins and always shared a bond, hearing her avoiding telling me something freaking hurts. "I'm sorry, its just... I'm still trying to accept it myself. Basically I took a bad blow to the left side of my head and there's a lot of swelling and I can't hear anything until it goes down. Worse case... its not coming back." Emily says quietly. I feel the words hit me hard. I understand why she was having trouble telling me now. She's scared. Hell we've all been scared, I get it, not wanting to accept what could be. But deep down I feel anger. Allison did this to my sister. She insulted my girlfriend. She assaulted my friends. She had to pay for what she did.

"Em... its gunna be okay." I quickly say shoving aside the anger and running up to her and carefully wrapping her into a hug. I hold her as she lets out a few sniffles. "We're here for you. We'll get through this." I assure her as we finally break away. I take my seat next to Stacie and she quickly takes my hand in hers. "We're gunna get through this. Just like we have done with everything else in this kick ass family." I say to both my girls. We smile at each other. We start to fall into casual conversation until Luke comes rushing in, his hug startling Emily yet again since she didn't hear him.

"I missed you Em. I talked to the doctor, how are you?" He asks her. She looks at me and takes a deep breath. "I'm gunna be okay. It just sucks right now." Emily says with a shrug. Luke nods as we go over everything the doctor said. I think its late morning by the time we hear a knock followed by the arrival of the delinquents. Everyone is so excited to know Emily is okay. When Emily's ready she informs everyone about her hearing loss. I can see several of my friends boiling with anger realizing how badly Emily was hit.

I smirk to myself. An idea for revenge hit me but I'd need their help. I knew how to make Allison pay. I look over at Stacie and see she dozed off in her chair. I frown and look at the time. It was late morning, we've been up all night, that can't be good for her. "Alright Em, keep me updated. We're gunna get some sleep and walk Darth, he misses you." I say giving her a hug and saying goodbye to my buds. I gently wake up Stacie and take up back to the house. I can see her struggling to stay awake.

"I'm sorry love, I didn't realize how tired you were." I say as we pull up to the house. Stacie rubs her eyes and chuckles. Its funny, we used to pull all nighters like weekly. Growing a baby takes more energy then I thought." She says with a sigh as she rests her hand on the bump. I nod trying to imagine what its like. Seems rough. I hurry out of the car to her side to help her up. Darth runs to the door and looks arounds excitably. "Not yet but, soon." I tell him patting his head. He whimpers as he lays back down on his bad.