Its Normal

Beca's POV

I sigh as I stare at the blank spot where I need to sign my name. I'm really going to do this. I'm committing to a house with Stacie's sisters for a year. I take a deep breath and my hand finally moves. I did it. I signed my name. I look at Stacie and smile at her while I move aside for her to do the same. I decide to take another walk through the house.

I have to admit Aubrey and Chloe found a steal. The house is more then ideal to raise our baby in. I liked the room layout we agreed on. The two bedrooms downstairs were for us and the baby and the two upstairs were for Chloe and Aubrey. It gave us a little bit of space and the baby will be nice and close. "Alright, we're all set. We can move in at the end of August." Aubrey says with a big smile, bringing my attention back to the lease. "Sounds great." Stacie says matching her sister's smile. I nod in agreement, I can't believe its so close already.

We say our goodbyes and head back to the hotel room. We spend another amazing night having sex and I'm so not prepared to go back to reality the next day. The weekend flew by way too fast for my liking. We pull back up to the house and I sigh as I turn my car off. "What's wrong baby?" Stacie asks as she prepares to get out. "It went so fast. I really enjoyed this weekend. Thank you baby." I say as I kiss her cheek and open the door. "Like I told you, you deserved this. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know I really did." She says with a wink. I smirk and grab our bags. It was definitely nice to not worry about being caught for once and just enjoy some physical connection. Who knows how much we'll be able to do that when we are balancing the baby, classes, and working.

When I walk through the door I already hear Darth running towards us. I quickly drop the bags in time to catch him as he jumps into my arms and proceeds to lick all over my face. I groan and set him back down. "Geez I hope he never catches me off guard." I mutter to Stacie as I wipe my shirt where I now have black dog hair all over. "He just misses you so much." Stacie purrs as she scratches his head. I chuckle and proceed to bring our bags towards the stairs. "Happy Birthday!" I hear and I think my heart stopped for a second there. I jump and turn to see all the delinquents as well as Luke standing there with big smiles.

"Surprise!" Emily yells as she runs up to me and locks me into a big hug. I shake my head and hug her back. "Wow, you guys didn't have to do this." I say as I'm brought into a hug by everyone. "Oh yes we did. You're finally an adult!" Jesse says with a big grin. "Now that's a scary thought." Amy mutters making me glare at her. "We just wanted to have something little for your birthday. Don't worry its not going to be anything crazy, we know its a school night." Emily tells me. I smile and nod. I plop down on the couch with my friends and we laugh and catch up. Its been a while since we were all able to be together. Emily told everyone her Barden plan and suddenly everyone wanted in, so they've actually have been studying for finales. When the delinquents put our minds to something we are unstoppable.

We laugh and joke around for a bit and they keep their promise of not staying late. Emily, Luke and I stay in the living room for a bit longer as we sip beers. Stacie went to bed a little while ago, I know the baby is wearing her out. "So Becky, you know what your eighteenth birthday means." Luke says as he leans forward on the couch and raises his eyebrow at me. I finish my beer and nod. I knew what it meant. I got my inheritance. Our safety net from my mom.

"What do you want to do?" Luke asks. I can see Emily listening even though she is pretending to be distracted with petting Darth. I play with the label on my beer as I shift through my thoughts. I already knew what I wanted. Its been on my mind for a while and I was pretty confident with my decision. "I want to put it all in its own savings account. Forget I have it unless its for emergencies and live off my work money." I tell him. He gives me a proud smile and nods. "Okay Becky, I'll set it up for you." He responds. I smile and finish up my beer before we say our goodnights and I join Stacie for some rest before school. I smile and pull her close to me, she really gave me a great birthday. I'm so lucky.