Plans Change

Beca's POV

I look down at the super cute black German Shepard puppy. Yup Emily and I got a puppy. It seemed like a great idea when we were drunk and googled puppies for sale, calling some guy at 1 am and asking if they still had puppies. He had one more left and we called for a ride to go get him. Emily and I drunkenly talked about how we wanted my kid to grow up with a dog, and Emily really wanted a puppy. I can't believe he was so desperate to sell this little guy. He was sooooo cute and his one ear is floppy and he just looks so happy!

Stacie tries to seem pissed at first but I can see the puppy is already charming her. I put the little guy down. He bounces around checking out the delinquents. He turns back towards us and starts running to me but he somehow trips and falls. "Aweee puppy!" Emily coos picking him up and kissing his head. The puppy is fine and starts licking her face.

"I'm pretty beat, I think I'm gunna get some rest." I say with a yawn and stretching my back. "Okay! I'm going to go play with puppy!" Emily yells as she runs around with the little guy in her arms. Stacie follows me to bed and sits down, I finally notice her pissed expression. "Oh geez, what? Do you not like puppies?" I ask panicked. "No, I love dogs but I couldn't get in contact with you Beca. What if something happened with the baby and I needed you?" She replies. I can feel my heart drop. I didn't even think about that. "I'm so sorry Stacie... I guess I wasn't thinking. I just thought it would be fine." I reply sadly. Stacie studies me before sighing. "Its fine Beca. Get some rest." She says as she scoots backwards in bed.

"No its not okay. I need to be more responsible then this." I mutter. Stacie lets out a low sigh. "Its okay baby. We are leaning together, I know you didn't mean it." Stacie says as her face softens and she opens her arms out to me. I slowly crawl in next to her. "I promise I'm going to do better. I'm trying." I tell her. She cups my face in her hands. "I know you're trying. I can see it so much. I'm sorry I snapped a little, I was just worried about you. But I'm so proud of you in just this short amount of time. I know you are going to be an amazing mom." Stacie says kissing me. I suck in a breath. I want to be a good mom, I was so worried I wouldn't be. "You're going to be an amazing mom Stacie. The only reason I'll be good is because I have your support." I tell her honestly. She leans in and kisses me softly.

"I'm so in love with you." She says with a sleepy smile. "I love you so much Stacie." I reply kissing her forhead. She hums and soon falls asleep. I really did feel bed about the whole incident.

Did I really just buy a freaking puppy?

Oh god I hate drunk me. At least its more of Emily's puppy. She's wanted one for years but we've always put it off. Now seemed like a good time because we aren't as... misbehaved as we were and can actually watch it and train it properly... and he was really stinking cute and cheap. I sigh and close my eyes. I was way too tired and hungover for anymore thinking. With that I start to fall into a nice sleep with Stacie curled up in my arms.
_______________________________

Stacie's POV

In the next few months I could really see Beca stepping up in the whole parenting department. She was able to focus on school and learning baby care. She somehow even made time to work on her mixes, she was a huge hit at the club, and always has time with me and the delinquents. Its amazing what she can do when she wants to. Fridays were her party day. Luke would stay sober so she could get drunk after work. We agreed on it and always had a plan for when the baby finally comes. Then we consider Sunday "date day." Sometimes we do homework, others we study, I read and she works on her music, or when I'm really able to I convince her we watch movies, we just make sure we are together. I love how much she makes she we still have "us" time while we can. And its nice her hand finally healed and that stupid cast doesn't get in the way anymore.