Seeing Red

Beca's POV

I walk into school with a big smile, yeah that's a first. I glance at my hand which is interlocked with Stacie's. I look at her and she gives me a shy smile. I notice her glancing around at the people pointing and whispering. I don't care and easily block them out, my girlfriend is hot and I'm more then happy to show her off. I walk Stacie to her locker and lean against it while she grabs her books.

"Beca!!!" Is all I hear before I'm tackled to the ground by Jesse and Benji. I groan and push them off while the rest of the delinquents laugh. "Assholes." I mutter as I straighten out my shirt and hat. "We missed you shorty! Haven't seen you in like... a week!" Jesse yells dramatically. I roll my eyes as Emily finally joins us looking like she is still asleep.

"Wait, why don't you look like giraffe legs? You two are the zombie twins at school." CR asks. I flip her off and grab Stacie's hand before heading to my own locker. The others follow behind us even though I wish they wouldn't. "Is it some type of power the Amazon has? Can you take away sleepiness?" Amy questions. I groan and Stacie chuckles. I grab my books as we split up to go to class. Being the gentlewoman I am, I walk Stacie to her first class.

"See you at lunch." I say with a frown. We only have lunch together because Stacie is in all the smart people classes. She nods before pulling me in for a kiss. We kiss for a few seconds before we part ways. Now I'm cranky without my girlfriend. I sit in the back of the class like normal. Jesse and Benji file in after me. They sit on either side of me.

I notice several people in the class glancing at me. I ignore them as I pull out my notebook. "Damn you and your girl are the talk of the school." Jesse whispers while shaking his head. "Why? I don't get the big deal." I say back as I copy what the teacher wrote on the board. "Seriously? You're dating the hottest girl in school. And she, and I quote, managed to tame you." He says with a smirk.

I just chuckle as I keep writing. Jesse eventually falls asleep while Benji plays a game on his phone. I copy down an equation but I can't seem to get it right. I raise my hand and the teacher glances at me. "Yes Beca, you can go to the bathroom." He says as he turns to write again. "I actually have a question about the equation." I say back awkwardly. He stops writing and turns to face me, much like most of the class.

"You... you have a question about what I am teaching?" He asks. "Um yeah, I keep getting the answer as 15, I can't figure out what I'm missing." I tell him. He nods impressed while several people whisper 'I got that too' and 'I'm glad I'm not the only one.' He turns back to the board to study the equation. "Ah! I'm happy you brought that up! You need to make sure to multiply the velocity. I didn't explain that yet, nice catch." He says with a smile. I nod and try again, this time getting the right answer.

Several more people whisper and glance at me and Benji looks at me confused. I ignore them and finish my problems easily after that. When the bell finally rings I stand up and grab my things. I roll my eyes at Jesse who is still sleeping. I slap the back of his head and he jumps awake.

The three of us start walking to our next class. "Sooo wanna tell me what that was about?" Benji asks. "What?" I ask confused. Benji glances at Jesse who seems sleepy still. "You actually listened... and participated in class." He says awkwardly. Jesse turns to us startled. "Wait Beca did? That isn't right." Jesse says as we stop outside the door. I look away and frown.

"I guess I'm trying to do better. You know... for my future." I whisper. The boys smile in understanding. "Aweeee our little Becs is growing up!" Jesse yells as he wraps me into a hug. Benji joins in and I try to fight their grip. They finally release me when the warning bell rings. "I hate you both!" I yell as they head to their class. "You love us!" Jesse says with a wink as he turns the corner. I shake my head and try to hide my smile as I walk into class.