The Fight

Stacie's POV

I sit there nervously in the exam room. I didn't know what the feeling was. It was like a bad cramp, but it wasn't regular. According to all the parenting advice I read if it was contractions it would be regular, so I have no idea what to make of the strange feeling. Beca nervously paces next to me, the cramps continued and we scheduled a doctor's appointment for the next morning. We contacted our teachers and got excuses to come in late, we're only doing reviews for finals anyway. Finally the door opens and the doctor enters.

"Hi Ms. Conrad. Based on all our exams you're not in labor yet. It just seems Braxton-Hicks contractions. They're normal around this stage of pregnancy." He explains. I nod, knowing a bit about the subject from one of the pregnancy books I read. I feel stupid I didn't think of that.

"So the baby isn't coming yet?" Beca asks. The doctor nods. "No its not, you still have a bit of time." He tells us. Beca nods and breaths out a sigh of relief. We finish up the appointment and Beca drives us to school. "No offense but I'm glad the baby wasn't ready yet. I realized we still have a lot to do." Beca says. I nod in agreement. "When we get home we should put together a hospital bag. Then we can make sure all the essentials are there when the baby actually comes." I tell her. Beca nods in agreement.

We get to the school with one period left before lunch. Thankfully we are nearly done with school, finals start next week! We give each other a quick kiss goodbye before heading to our classes. I try my best to enter class unnoticed but naturally people stare and start whispering when I enter. I do my best to ignore them and head to my normal seat in the back. I catch up and take notes for finals. I try to push down my nerves as the reality hits that my future will be decided next week.

It feels like an eternity before class ends. I rush to the cafeteria knowing I miss my girlfriend way more than necessary. I can't help it, I hate being from Beca for any amount of time. I find her leaning against a locker waiting for me just outside. She smiles when she sees me and pushes off the metal. I hold out my arms and she wraps me into a hug. I lean down for a quick peck on the lips before we intertwine our fingers and head into the cafeteria. It feels so natural with her, like we've been a couple forever.

Beca and I buy our food and join the delinquents at our usual table. "Wait, where's my god baby? I was hoping it would be here." Emily says with a pout.

"Do you really think we'd come back to school after just giving birth?" I question as I start digging into my food. Emily looks me over and shrugs. "I wouldn't put it past you. You're pretty much a super women with your outstanding grades while being super pregnant." She says with a shrug. I try to hold back my smirk. I had an amazing GPA. I was close to being top in the school last I checked, Alice was the only one near my grades. School came easily to me. I was lucky that I was able to maintain such great grades. I was damn proud of myself for that.

Lunch ends far too soon for my liking and Beca walks me to class with the delinquents trailing behind us. Beca gives me a kiss and flips off the delinquents at their usual comments to our PDA. I head into class and ignore the glances from different students. I don't care what they think anymore. I take notes as we review for finals. I don't really need to because my grades are awesome but I still want to do well. I like having good grades... wow I'm a nerd.

Suddenly the principle's voice comes overhead. "Stacie Conrad to the principle's offie." He announces. I furrow my eyebrows confused while everyone in class turns to look at me. I gather my things and head out of class. I have no idea why I have to go to the principle's office. I haven't done anything wrong... at least not that I can recall. I reach the office and take a deep breath before opening the door. Principle Birch stands up as soon as I enter and he gives me a bright smile. "Stacie! Hi, come take a seat." He says gesturing to the chair in front of his desk. I hesitantly sit and look at him.