Wake up

Trigger warning: domestic violence, graphic content

Stacie's POV

I approach the receptionist desk and take a deep breath. I'm acting strong for Becs, but in reality I'm heart broken. Emily was so amazing to me. She accepted me without hesitation and truly has become family to me. It was obvious to choose her as Thumper's god mother, I'm confident she will be a natural with our baby.

"Hi, we're here to see Emily Mitchell." I say trying to keep my breath even. She does the standard visitor screenings before handing us our passes. I grab mine then hand Beca hers before listening to the friendly receptionist give us directions to the room. I take in the instructions and thank her before we head to the elevator. The ride to the sixth floor seems to last forever. Beca is pacing with anxious energy and I wish I could do more to help her.

I grab her hand and give her a reassuring smile as we get off the elevator and head down the hall. Suddenly Beca stops in front of one of the doors. I look at her and see her breathing start to pick up. I look around but we still have a bit too Emily's room. I have no idea what could be triggering her. "Becs?" I ask quietly as I scan the hallway for anything that stood out.

"Of fucking course she's on this floor." She says nearly trembling. I'm so lost. I follow her gaze to wear she is just glaring at a room number. Her breathing picks up even more and she clutches her chest. "Fuck, I tried to get here before you guys to warn you. Come on Becky." Luke says appearing out of breath as he reaches his younger sister. Beca is frozen with a blank stare despite Luke's attempts. He sighs and looks around before picking Beca up and bringing her towards a bathroom. "Come with me Stacie, I'm sure you will want to know what's happening.

I just nod and follow him, my only focas is on Beca. I replay everything in my mind trying to sort out what would happening but I truly can't piece it together. Luke carried Beca through the bathroom door before carefully setting her down. "Becky, try to focus on your breathing. You are safe." He reassures her. "Ma- mom." She gasps out clutching her chest.

I finally realize she is having a panic attack. I rush forward as fast as I can and do my best to crouch next to Beca. I take her hand and place it over my stomach. Soon a slight kick is felt and Beca's eyes drift to my stomach, but she is still struggling to breath.

"Do you feel Thumper?" I ask. She nods still with her panicked gaze locked on my stomach. "Feel Thumper. Focus on it. They are growing, and we are going to be able to hold it soon enough." I assure her. She nods and her breathing starts to become slightly controlled. "We are going to have a baby, and I'm so lucky to have you by my side. I love you Becs." I say before hooking my hand under her chin and leaning in for a soft kiss. Her breathing starts to become less labored and her glossy eyes meet mine.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't expect Em to be on the same floor... as where my Mom took her last breath." She says with her voice cracking. I can feel my heart shatter for her. I only know bits and pieces of what happened but I know she cared deeply for her mother. I wanted to know more about her passing but I won't rush Beca to tell me. Its clear how much the memory hurts her, so I will be patient and support her in any way I can until she's ready to talk about it.

We are here for you Beca. We love you." I say grabbing Luke's hand and resting it on Beca's arm. Beca looks down and sucks in a deep breath. She looks up at me and nods. "I'm okay. Thank you." She says quietly. I nod and run my hand over her cheek before Luke helps us both stand. He exits and I tap Beca's arm before she can walk out. "Its okay to be upset. This is a fucking lot." I remind her before taking her hand and heading back to find Emily's room.

We enter and my heart clenches. Emily is pretty bruised up and hooked to several machines. Her arm is in a cast as well. "I can't believe Tom did this." Beca mutters shaking with anger. "Tom? He didn't do this?" I reply confused. "Wait what? That's what the others said." Beca replies. I shake my head. "Their whole group seemed... out of sorts when Beca went down. Emily took advantage of this and charged towards Alice, but Tom stepped in front of her. Emily was too fast for that big idiot and dodged everything. It was Alice who hit her from behind... and I saw something metal around her fist. That's why there's a pattern to the bruising." I explain pointing to one of the bruises. I saw it all. I screamed seeing her attack Emily. I felt so helpless.