Positive

Stacie's POV

God that week was amazing. Beca and I were together all night and I got to see my older sister all day. Turns out she heard I was home alone and wanted to give me company... little did she know I already had some. Aubrey gave up on trying to keep Beca away which is great because now we aren't fighting and I missed my big sister. Yes she can be a pain in my ass but we're still really close, even though Aubrey and I have a bit of a strained relationship.

Its been nearly two months since that amazing week and it was time for winter break and our winter formal. My sisters will also be home for break. I really did miss seeing them, they've been so busy with school and their acapella group we haven't been able to see much of each other. Aubrey is back home for winter break and Chloe is coming later in the week so I can see her, she had to stay a few extra days to work on a project and for her last class.

As my usual luck though I've been feeling sick for the last week or so. Beca was sweet and understanding when I didn't meet up for our weekly session. Aubrey knocks on my bathroom door where I'm puking my brains out. "Ugh nows not a good time!" I yell while hunched over the toilet. She ignores me and peaks in to looks at me. "Still not feeling good?" She asks coming over to rub my back. "What gave it away?" I ask sarcastically as I wipe my face and flush the toilet. Aubrey chuckles and keeps rubbing my back. It actually feels amazing and keeps my mind off of the sickness.

"I feel like shit." I confess leaning into my sister who hums and rubs my back. "Yeah you look like shit. If I didn't see you with a girl I would think you were pregnant." She says as she laughs. But everything around me freezes. Beca told me she is fertile but we always used protection. Right?

I can't be pregnant... can I? Aubrey senses my change in mood and turns me to face her. "Stacie are you okay?" She asks as she inspects my face. "Aubrey... I need a pregnancy test." I whisper. Aubrey looks at me confused and sits back a bit. "What? How? I thought you've only been with that Beca girl?" She asks as I start to panic, I feel sick all over again.

"Beca is intersex... she could... oh god!" I lean over the toilet and hurl a few more times. Aubrey is frozen besides me. "I can't be... we used condoms... I can't." I mutter. Aubrey suddenly gets up and heads towards the bathroom door. "I'm going to get you a pregnancy test just to be sure.... stay there." She says. Like I have the energy to go anywhere. I groan and fall backwards against the wall.

I sit there as the panic sets in. How could this happen? I can't be... there is no way. "How you doing?" Aubrey asks as she slowly reenters what feels like a second later. I glance at my phone realizing I have been sitting here for almost 30 minutes. I groan and continue laying against the wall. "I probably look like shit." I sigh as Aubrey wets a wash cloth. "Yeah you do." She teases as she cleans the sweat off my face. The cool cloth feels amazing. She finishes and sits on the edge of the bathtub.

She opens the bag and pulls out a pregnancy test. Tears start to form and the panic sets in. I sniffle loudly and wipe my eyes. I wait for Aubrey to yell at me and give me a big 'I told you so' speech.

Instead I feel her hugging me. "Shhh its going to be okay. I'm sure its a false alarm." She coos into my ear. I cry into her shoulder and she rubs my back. I give her a nod as she takes out the test. "Go ahead and... do your thing and then I will come back in." Aubrey says kissing my cheek and giving me the test. I take a deep breath and nod.

As soon as I do my thing I let Aubrey back in. "Remember when we went to camp at Lake Henswork?" Aubrey says with a bright smile. I'm thankful she's trying to keep my mind off everything. "Oh my god that was a horrible trip." I chuckle remembering how bad the camping trip went. "God the tent was so small we were all hunched together all night... but we needed the warmth because who knew it got so cold there at night." Aubrey adds in.