Chapter 6: Minatozaki Sana

Sana knew.

She knew ever since she started being open about her inclination towards girls with her new friends. She started with simple innocent comments, but Mina had reacted immediately.

It took Momo a minute though, but that's fine because Sana could see some of her in the girl too.

Sometimes she got lost in thought wondering if Momo would ever realize how easily she could follow her conversations about pretty girls, or how sometimes Momo herself would stop and look attentively if some cute girl was walking by.

Or even how sometimes Momo would get distracted just by looking at Mina.

Yeah, Sana knew all too well.

But she didn't wanna hear lame excuses or empty apologies. She had lost too many friends because of who she was. And even though Mina didn't act in front of her, just behind her back, it still hurt sometimes. But Sana had decided she was not gonna let that get to her, she somehow knew the girl's intentions weren't bad, she just had a different way of thinking.

Maybe she'll make her change her mind, she tried to be so nice to Mina, but still, she changed rooms. Maybe she had been too nice? Too friendly? Sana really liked to show physical affection, and she had had a real hard time not giving any to Mina, because all her hate aside, she really liked the girl as a friend.

That day at the study hall, she had seen how Mina was having a hard time trying to apologize, but she didn't exactly know if it was out of shame or because she didn't want to apologize.

Either way, she didn't want to hear it, because there was nothing the girl could say that would excuse her behavior and Sana knew Mina wasn't ready to change all her background beliefs just for her. That's why she changed topics and left in a hurry.

Avoiding all serious matters.

But ever since that day, something had shifted in Mina once again, she could feel that. But why?

Two weeks had passed and she would hang out with Momo as usual and they would see Mina at their dance lessons but now every time she said gay stuff, or you know just be her usual self, Mina would do nothing.

She wouldn't say something mean, she wouldn't act grossed out, she just wouldn't react at all. Why?

Before, whenever that happened, Mina would also complain to Momo in secret and Momo would tell Sana all about it adding excuses and arguments in favor of the girl.

'wow momo you really are in love' But she wouldn't say that. Because the girl hadn't realized it and she was not going to spoil it for her.

So yeah, Sana knew all about Mina's behavior and now she wondered what had happened because Momo hadn't told her a thing, she claimed she had no idea, just that Mina was distant and constantly lost in thought and hadn't said anything homophobic at all, which was weird.

But why?

As she couldn't take it anymore, because she was sure it had something to do with that day at the study hall, she was now standing outside Mina's new room and was determined to ask the girl how she was feeling.

She took a deep breath and knocked two times.

***

When Mina felt the door, she looked at Chaeyoung who was completely lost in whatever she was drawing so she got up to open it.

To her surprise it was Sana. The source of all her mind glitches lately. The overload cuteness that had messed with her head.

"Hey," The girl greeted her with her big unique smile.