Chapter 41: I like girls

Author's note: Not so long ago I learned the meaning of the word cloying (have in mind English is not my first language) Maybe that word can define them in this chapter, I don't know. But if you like them just being silly together, then this chapter would do just fine for you. Or it might call you single.
Also, we are on the last few chapters, so everything should be good things from now on.

***

Joy. Happiness.

Mina couldn't stop smiling. Not even when she got to the car. She felt so happy she didn't mind Kwan seeing her in that state. Everything worked out. She had been so scared of being there but the moment she got Chaeyoung alone, she knew nothing bad could happen. How could it? Chaeyoung was her safe place, Chaeyoung always made her feel better. Mina wanted to be that for Chaeyoung too. And she was going to make sure of that. Everyday. Now that she got to know what it was like to not have her around, in her life, in her arms, she knew it couldn't be any other way, Mina felt they belong in each other arms and that was it. No matter what anyone could think of it.

"Good morning, miss," Kwan greeted her. He was in his usual stylish clothes and super-fixed hair. You would expect so early in the morning he might look tired or something but he was as charming as always. "You look happy."

"Hey," Mina answered once she closed the door. "I am," she smiled. "How are you? I heard you left with Jihyo."

"Ugh," he stopped looking at Mina and started driving. "I didn't, I just gave her a ride."

Mina found it funny. The girls had told her how Jihyo and he had left together arguing with each other and that Jihyo had found him quite attractive. It was funny for Mina because Kwan could literally believe everyone found him attractive and charming, but he could not see it with Jihyo apparently. "How nice of you."

"Let's forget about that," he dismissed the topic with a hand movement. "Did you get roommate girl?"

Mina blushed. She did get roommate girl. And it was the best thing in the world.  "I... did, yes."

"Well," Kwan breathed. "Not that I needed to ask, your face gave it away but, I'm happy to see you smile again."

Mina felt a bit bad whenever Kwan would say things like that. Just like with Sana. Mina had misjudged both of them. Even Chaeyoung. She needed to do better.

She didn't say much after that. They took a few minutes to get to Mina's house and her smile started to fade away. She was once again nervous. Not that their family knew anything but she did. And she wanted for them to know too. Mina didn't want to hide anymore.

"Kwan... what did you tell my mom?"

"Oh, right." He was parking the car close to the entrance. "I called saying you had a bit to drink and fell asleep at my house. I said I didn't want to wake you so I was going to bring you home first time in the morning and here we are," he smiled.

"And that worked?"

"I mean, your mom was okay, you father, though, uh," he laughed nervously. " He didn't fancy having his princess spending the night at my place."

'right' Mina understood. 'that will be a problem' She needed to talk to both her parents. How? she was not sure. But she wanted to. She didn't want to lie. "Kwan," Mina said. "I'm... uh, I just want to thank you, for everything, really."

Mina had thought about it, she owed him big time. Kwan chuckled a bit and answered, "It's okay."

"But really, I know... I was indifferent about you and you were taking care of me either way," Mina fidgeted with her fingers, "and now you helped me with this even if you don't fully get it, I guess... and you lied for me, I'm just really grateful for you." Mina finished smiling at him.

Dare to Love Her | Michaengजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें