Chapter 13: It's okay

Chaeyoung felt awful because of three things.

The first one was her failed presentation. She had been really nervous for other presentations before but in the end, everything worked out, this time it had all gone down in seconds. She just froze, there was no other explanation, she left the classroom and that was it. Everything seemed lost and she couldn't stop shaking, it was really scary. But after having calmed down that day, at night she wrote an email to her teacher explaining and asking for another way of getting the mark, or make it up for it, she may be rejected but she had to try, there was nothing else to do.

The second thing was Sana. She felt awful about this because she was okay with the results of it all but the way she had obtained them was bad. She was better than that, and she felt so wrong making the girl feel sad, she needed to apologize, but how? She had no reasonable way of explaining what had happened.

The third thing was herself. She felt annoyed with herself because she had not been strong enough, she had cried in front of Mina like a baby and she hadn't been able to calm herself down, but that wasn't the main reason she was angry with herself, no, it was much worse. She was angry because she had liked every part of it. No, it wasn't fun the state she had been in, she felt really bad, but once Mina had finally calmed her down she could see how much she had enjoyed the girl's kindness, her words, her touch, her patience and everything Mina did to keep her sane. She had been even bold enough to ask for more and got on Mina's lap, which made her really lose her mind once Mina did not try to push her out, but mostly when the girl played with her hair. Chaeyoung would be lying if she said that she did not fall asleep thinking of Mina's hand caressing her. She needed to keep her cool, she needed to get it together or Nayeon would be right once again and she would end up hurt. She had all that pretty clear, but her mind just wouldn't stop thinking about Mina. She was doomed.

One thing was spending time with her roommate, eating together, playing video games, drawing silly things, and joking around, another entirely different thing would be doing all of that while feeling like this, so she needed to forget all that and act the same. Maybe she just felt like that because she was in a bad state. She needed comfort and Mina gave it to her, maybe she was just confusing things. She needed to see how everything would develop now, nothing was going to change if she just let it go.

"Are you even listening!" Nayeon shouted at her.

"Of course." She had no idea what they were talking about.

"Okay, then, what was I saying just now?" Nayeon knew she didn't know. Why would she make her look more dumb than she was already feeling? She looked at Dahyun asking for help but the girl just gave her a pitiful look, she then looked at Tzuyu who mouthed the words you are done making fun of Chaeyoung's luck.

'I'm a mess, they can't expect more from me right now' Chaeyoung thought, feeling bad for herself.

So she just went with the obvious answer. "You were talking about how beautiful you look today," she smiled innocently at Nayeon, who looked flattered but pissed at the same time. She could hear how Dahyun barely whispered works every time.

"Wrong," she said, "but you're right."

Nayeon asked them to meet in her room, she was planning Jeongyeon's birthday party, which was in two weeks or so, but she had been stressing about it for a long time now.

"Just explain to her the whole thing again, please." Tzuyu wanted to leave.

"Okay, as I was saying," Nayeon began again, "I'm just gonna mix the two things, Halloween and her birthday party, so you all would have to help me." She was really excited it was cute.