Chapter 21: Cold

Mina had not opened her eyes yet but she felt her head pounding, she was thirsty so she licked her lips. She felt really uncomfortable, something that she hadn't experienced when waking up the last few days, so she extended her hand, but it was cold.

'Chaeyoung'

Chaeyoung was not there. She opened her eyes now. 'the party' She remembered where she was so she sat up on the bed trying to look for her phone, but there was nothing there. She grabbed her head, it's been a while since she had drunk as she did. She needed to find her friends, so she got up, but first, she went to the bathroom to at least wash her face. 'You look awful' Looking at the mirror she felt ashamed of the mess she was. After that she left the room slowly, she didn't recognize the place much with this light so she walked slowly following the noise. Downstairs she remembered the place better, the girls were there, drinking coffee and cleaning. So she approached Momo.

"Hey," Momo yawned at her. "Did you sleep?"

"I think so." Her voice was hoarse so she cleared her throat. She looked around for Chaeyoung but she wasn't there.

"Morning, Mina," Sana greeted her. "Does your head hurt too? I'm dying, I swear."

"Did you guys sleep at all?" At That Sana giggled but she didn't answer and Momo nodded while leaving to pick up trash. Jeongyeon called for her.

"Mina," she waved at her, "here's coffee, get warmed up," she smiled at her. Mina didn't know Jeongyeon much, but she had congratulated her for her birthday yesterday and she could see she was cool so she felt grateful for the gesture and smiled back.

"Thanks," she answered softly. Then she felt like she could help her. "Uh, Jeongyeon," she started slowly. "Have you seen Chaeyoung?" Mina was sure she had woken up in that room because she had gone to sleep with the girl, she was not understanding why she had been there alone just now.

"Oh, I'm sure she must be helping clean up in the other room," Jeongyeon pointed at the trash bags. "We'll leave in a bit."

"Right," she answered. "Thanks." Mina left her position to pour herself some coffee. It did warm her hands up a bit but she was not feeling okay, something was wrong, so she went to the other room looking for her roommate. Inside Tzuyu and Dahyun were with trash bags too, Chaeyoung was sweeping the floor. She approached her slowly but before she could say anything, Chaeyoung turned around, she did not make eye contact with Mina, but Mina saw her eyes before Chaeyoung turned away again and left the room. 'her eyes were red, her eyes were red she had been crying' Mina felt her stomach twisting, she remembered now, she moved her hands to her head once again, she remembered, she felt ashamed. 'I fucked up, I made her cry, It's all my fault'

"Mina," Dahyun called for her. "Are you feeling alright?" Mina was feeling far from alright, she had been so drunk but she remembered most of the things she did.

'I tried to kiss her, I tried to kiss her, no, no, no. Why did she cry, what else did I say, fuck'

"Mina," Dahyun said again this time getting closer, so she looked up at her.

"Did Chaeyoung say anything?" She knew her question lacked many parts and context but she was not making sense.

"Uh, nothing out of the ordinary."

"Something happened?" Tzuyu decided to participate too, with a worried tone. Mina was not sure what had happened, she just knew it was her fault. 'couldn't they see her eyes? Did I see wrong?' Maybe she was just tripping, maybe Chaeyoung was okay. 'maybe'

"It's nothing," she answered leaving her coffee aside and picking trash too, she needed to help so they could leave soon. She didn't see Chaeyoung for the rest of the time there. They left after an hour or so, but before leaving, Nayeon, who had been really wasted last night, gathered everyone by the door. Mina could see Chaeyoung but the girl was far away from her and she was looking at the ground. Mina felt awful. 'what else did I do, why is she reacting like this?' if anything it was only a little kiss, right? meaningless'