Chapter 28: Lesbians, so dramatic

Nayeon has many good qualities, she believes.

Nayeon is really confident, she knows her capacities, she is aware of her intelligence, she's witty, she's beautiful, she's sure she is the best girlfriend ever, that's important to mention and above all, she is an excellent friend. But do you know who is not? Chaeyoung.

Nayeon has been mad at Chaeyoung, even if the latter doesn't know it yet. She had seen her only a couple of times this last month. Nothing could excuse her behavior, she was sure that whatever was happening with her friend, was not enough to avoid her, her best friend, for this long. From the couple of times she saw her, the first one was only to lie to her and Jeongyeon. Nayeon couldn't believe how much she had underestimated her. 'How stupid does she think I am?' But well, Jeongyeon had believed her, she was always trusting Chaeyoung despite what Nayeon thought, but Nayeon was always right, how could Chaeyoung not follow her advice.

The second time she saw her, recently, Chaeyoung looked the happiest she has ever seen her, but every time she pointed that out Chaeyoung just ignored her or changed the subject. It was annoying and the only reasonable explanation was Mina.

That girl was the reason for Chaeyoung's heartache, it could only be her the reason it was okay now or so fast, but it made Nayeon mad because Chaeyoung was probably lying to herself again. Nayeon couldn't understand how she had been so heartbroken, crying and shaking over her, just because of a silly fantasy, and the next day, she probably had seen her again caring the slightest bit for her and her heart got all fixed and she was fooling herself again thinking that their weird friendship could be something else. As if.

When she called Mina because Momo told her she was asking for Chaeyoung, it surprised her how worried she sounded, it was understandable how Chaeyoung could get so confused if the girl talked to her in that way too, probably worst. Nayeon was mad that Chaeyoung was being so naive, hadn't been enough all the crying and pain she felt in Jeongyeon's room? No. She was still believing things that were just not there, Nayeon was sure, that could be the only reason for her happiness and also the fact that she was avoiding her and ignoring her about the topic because probably Chaeyoung was ashamed of telling her that again after her sad scene and after she apologized to her for feeling things. And she was probably right in doing so because if she had told Nayeon that again, all the 'Mina is so nice with me' 'We get along now' 'She is so clingy' bullshit, Nayeon was sure she would have ended up shouting at her.

But at the same time, it was frustrating that the girl was not trusting her with that, even if she was being stupid, a best friend needed to tell her all that stuff, so she could change her mind and help her. She complained daily with Jeongyeon but it was frustrating too that her own girlfriend, was on Chaeyoung's side. And right now they had been discussing it for several minutes.

"You don't understand her like I do," Nayeon insisted for the third time. "I know when she's acting stupid."

They were at Jeongyeon's room enjoying a comfy Saturday afternoon until the Chaeyoung topic appeared again. She had her head in Jeongyeon's lap. "Bunny, I swear you're overreacting, she's just been busy, she must have a reason."

Hearing that again she moved away from her position. "Don't bunny me," she frowned. "You're a traitor, we are over."

"You know, you can't keep breaking up with me every time we disagree on something, then I won't be able to tell when it actually happens."

Nayeon left a quick kiss on her lips, still frowning. "It won't ever happen." Jeongyeon smiled. "But right now, we are over, you can't keep defending her."

Jeongyeon giggled. "Have you tried telling her exactly the words you tell me, how she is the worst?"

"Of course I have! look." Nayeon reached for her phone on the bed. Scrolling a few messages up in Chaeyoung's chat.