Chapter 7: You got a fan club?

A month had passed since the start of the new semester.

Chaeyoung recently had her first evaluations and apparently, she did great. Ignoring her awkward living situation of the first weeks, everything seemed to be okay now.

Since Mina had decided to speak to her, the task of befriending the girl had become much easier, still a challenge though.

They wouldn't talk much, just when necessary but sometimes Chaeyoung would try her luck and ask a silly question like some days ago when she said

"Hey, Mina do you like monkeys?"

To which Mina decided to ignore the question but then she looked at how serious Chaeyoung looked and answered

"I don't know if I do or not, but I really love penguins"

And that was it. Chaeyoung was random like that. For sure she had a reason at the moment but out of context like what it looked like to Mina, well... Chaeyoung was really something.

She had also noticed how Mina was actually really quiet, she seemed to enjoy silence. It's true the girl gave a silent treatment to Chaeyoung for weeks and now they talked just a bit, but you could see how Mina wasn't quiet just because of Chaeyoung, maybe that's why it was so easy for her to just ignore the younger one. Pity, she had to meet her just screaming because when she got to hear Mina's calm voice, she was sure she hadn't heard anything like it before.

What you could really call a big win is that they had exchanged phone numbers.

But not just because, no, it had a very specific reason. As usual, Chaeyoung would buy dinner for Mina sometimes, but she had to get to her room and then decide if she was going to do it or not by interpreting the girl's mood, Chaeyoung had got really good at it and leave again. Now, she could just ask if the girl wanted anything and buy it before getting to the room.

But their text messages were just as weird as their exchanges in real life.

Some of her last texts a couple of days ago went like this

To Only Mina
M
Mina
Are you i the dorms
in*

From Only Mina
Why do u not know how to type
yes
why
bring me fruit

To Only Mina
srry
treat me nixe
nice*
ok
strawberries

And that would be it. Mina wouldn't start the conversation or finish it either. Somehow Chaeyoung would always mess up typing whenever writing to Mina, she was trying to fix that up.

The short girl was now sitting by the desk she had to get for herself because the only desk they were supposed to have and share, Mina had appropriated. Somehow she had managed to get an extra one that was kind of old and was a little bit crooked but it worked either way. And yeah, she needed it because even though they had started to talk a bit and their interactions were human enough, Mina hadn't given up on separating the place, apparently, she was still not comfortable sharing a room with someone like Chaeyoung.

But she had heard a bit of the conversation Mina had with her friend some weeks ago, and she knew that Mina's intentions apparently weren't bad, she was just dense.

And stubborn

And proud

And had been taught a lot about hate.

Well, she had heard a lot about the conversation. But it was for the best. She now knew that Mina was trying to be okay with all homosexual activity.