Chapter 12: She really is tiny

Mina was happy because she had made a friend. An unexpected friend. Her room was now a place where she felt secure, she spent more time there than any other place, it was a comfort zone. Momo and Sana did not understand it but Mina had not put much effort into trying to explain why she was there all the time. She liked that it was something just for her.

It was weird for Mina at first, but now she just did not put it into much thought whenever instead of buying one meal, she bought two, or whenever she was not going to be in her room, she let Chaeyoung know, because she knew the girl might buy something for her too, or if she was going to be late. Not that there was an hour specified to be late to but it was this unspoken agreement between the two of them, that they'll spend their evenings together.

So it was a bit of a bummer when she received a text from Chaeyoung saying that she was not gonna be there anytime soon.

From Chaeyoung :) 6:05 pm
finishing my presntation
ill be late
dont wait to eat

To Chaeyoung :) 6:06 pm
:(

From Chaeyoung :) 6:06pm
:)

'Clown'

Mina had no idea why the girl was so bad at typing or why whenever she received a text from her, it came like some precise piece of information, without context or connectors, Mina had to decipher them.

Chaeyoung had been working really hard preparing for a presentation this past few days, Mina didn't know exactly what it was about but it seemed pretty serious so it was understandable that she was not coming early today, here she wouldn't get much work done. Mina did not want to eat alone, maybe she could bribe Momo into bringing her dinner.

To momoring 6:15 pm
you look beautiful today

From momoring 6:15pm
thank u
wait
you haven't seen me, what do u want

To momoring 6:16pm
let's eat dinner

From momoring 6:20pm
won't you eat with your new bestie?

Mina could tell how jealous Momo was of all the time she had been spending with Chaeyoung, the girl did not try to hide it at all, but Mina could not be bothered, it was just Momo being Momo, in the end, she would always be by her side.

To momoring 6:20pm
I'll be waiting in my room

From momoring 6:21pm
okay but im bringing Sana

Mina was okay with that, the more the merrier, and it had been a while since the three of them had eaten together. Now she just had to wait for them to arrive. She looked at the painting on Chaeyoung's desk. It had now a blue background and the words:

Mina is bad at video games

She smiled at the memory. Yesterday they had been playing and as if it were a miracle, Chaeyoung had won more times than Mina did, which was really saying something. And when Mina woke up this morning, Chaeyoung was already gone and in the painting was that text written in white letters. It turns out that since the day Mina had asked Chaeyoung to paint, they had destroyed the original painting completely and now they used it as a whiteboard, leaving silly messages, Mina had even bought more acrylics because she didn't feel like using all the girl's materials. What Chaeyoung didn't know is that Mina had let her win. It was just too easy, the first time she saw her win and how much she had celebrated was really funny, so she kept letting her win and now Chaeyoung had been bold enough to let that in the board, well, canvas.