Chapter 15: Grow up

Chaeyoung felt for Mina.

She could see and feel how confused she was, Chaeyoung wondered if no one else could see that, the girl was clearly having a war in her mind, everything she had said yesterday seemed to disagree with other things she had said seconds ago. For a moment Chaeyoung had been afraid of being kicked out again, of Mina shutting down. She did not want the girl to hate her, but she had to ask. She had to make her understand that there was nothing wrong with being in love, she needed Mina to see clearly. She had been bold, Chaeyoung had no idea from where she had gotten the courage to say all those things to Mina, but she was happy it all went right. Mina had returned with a smile on her face.

Mina said she couldn't hate her. Mina had come to her senses, barely. Mina had hugged her, no, Mina had asked to hug her. Mina had kissed her, you know, sort of. For Chaeyoung, not feeling for the girl, was no longer an option. But she did know that it had to stay all in her head, she was fine with that, it was all a fantasy at the end of the day, she liked fantasies.

The only thing that mattered now is that Mina did not hate her for being who she was. Mina was still trying. So she went to sleep smiling.

The next morning Chaeyoung was woken up by the same person she had fallen asleep thinking of, so she couldn't help but smile when she opened her eyes even though she was confused about what was she doing there. Mina had been shaking her arm slightly while whispering her name.

"Wake up," Mina complained.

Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes and sat on her bed a little disoriented. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"What? then why are you waking me up?" Chaeyoung had been happy to see Mina but now she just wanted to sleep.

"I mean," Mina seemed embarrassed, "do you have classes today?"

Chaeyoung was confused. "Uh, yeah, just one."

"When?"

Chaeyoung looked for her phone, it was 9am, it wasn't that early but she did not have classes until 1pm, so she felt annoyed. Mina couldn't be possibly waking her up just to ask that. She was going to go back to sleep. Rubbing her eyes again and turning to the other side to keep on sleeping she said, "It's not up until hours, good night."

But Mina got closer again shaking her arm. "Wake up."

Chaeyoung groaned. "Why?" She went under the sheets. "Leave me alone."

"Would you skip that class?" Mina suddenly asked. Chaeyoung was more confused now, why would she ask that.

"Mina you're not making sense," Chaeyoung said from under her hiding place. "Go back to sleep." At that, she felt weight on top of her and more shaking.

"I'm telling you to wake up," Mina repeated pulling down the blankets covering Chaeyoung, making her hide her face with her hands.

"Why?" She cried. "Let me sleep." Chaeyoung was a cry baby.

She had not realized how compromising the position they were in was until Mina took her hands and put them on the side of her head, leaving her with no way out. "Skip classes."

Chaeyoung was sure her face was red. "Okay, but get off of me." She couldn't be dealing with this so early.

Mina got out so Chaeyoung sat on her bed again trying to calm down. "Right, why do I have to skip classes?"

"Because I don't have classes today and," Mina doubted before saying, "you should keep me company." Chaeyoung found that cute and weird at the same time, she didn't answer right away so Mina spoke again, "If you want, but if you don't then you're boring."