Chapter 19: I've grown

There is one thing that Mina decided on that stormy night.

She was not going to overthink anything. There was no need to freak out, she didn't need to think about how fast her heart was whenever she was close to Chaeyoung, or how much she liked spending time with her, how easy it was to talk to the girl, how comfortable her arms were, none of that meant anything weird, she just liked to have a new friend. Someone that was so good to her, understanding, and fun. Mina could be herself around Chaeyoung, it was really refreshing, most of the time she felt as if she was wearing a mask for everyone, but the place she had created with her in their room, felt magical. Time with Chaeyoung was exciting, there was never a dull moment and if they were in silence, it was really comfortable too. Mina was happy.

She had also had the best nights of sleep of her life, Mina believed that sleeping close to Chaeyoung was somehow the reason for her comfiness. She loved feeling that way, she loved the warmth Chaeyoung brought to her. Putting the beds together was definitely the best idea she had ever had. So yeah, Mina had no intention of worrying thinking about how scared she felt sometimes. She only wanted to keep feeling the good parts.

That's why the only thing that mattered now is that she needed to do well in her classes and she needed to get a costume for the party that was in a couple of days so she decided to call her mother to let her know she was going to spend more money than usual. It was always too much talking with her, but it's been a while so she dialed her number and threw both herself and the phone in her bed, beds. It was on speaker and she was looking at the ceiling. 'You got this, Mina'

"Hi, honey." The voice of her mother resonated in the whole room. "I've missed you, how are you?"

"I'm okay, Mom, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm just glad to hear your voice, did something happen?"

"I can call you just because."

"That'd be really nice but I know my daughter," Mina rolled her eyes, "tell me why you're calling."

"Okay, you're right." Mina was annoyed for no reason. "I just wanted to let you know that I'll be spending more money, I'm going to a party and I need a costume."

"Oh, that's lovely, that your going out, is Momo going?"

"Yes, Mom, she is."

"Wonderful then, is your other friend going?" Her mother asked about Sana, Mina was not sure if telling the truth.

"Uh, yeah, she is going too..."

Her mother sighed. "Okay, love, I get that you're friends, just take care" 'Take care?'

"What do you mean?" Mina was not liking the way this was going.

"Oh, you know, because if she is going then, I don't know, Mina, you don't know how these people are, just don't let her do anything to you."

"Mom, she is not going to do anything, what people are you talking about?"

"Mina, don't make me say it, you know what I'm talking about, people like your friend, at least she's girly enough to disguise it, not like others that look so boyish, honestly, what's the point?" Mina couldn't help but think of Chaeyoung, she had confused the girl when they met, but now she felt there was nothing boyish with her, she didn't like her mother talking like that, it had been hard for her to get out of her mind that there was nothing wrong with Sana or anyone.

"Mom, is really that so bad?"

"It's simply not normal, Mina." She felt something on her chest, it was really annoying to hear her mother saying this now, was this how her friends felt when she used to look at them bad?