Chapter 23: This is it

Chaeyoung had not returned last night. Mina couldn't sleep at all, she was worried.

Yesterday at lunch it was really awkward, she wanted the girl to look at her, it was being too much silent treatment and not even looking at her, that was just wrong.

'hypocrite' 

She remembered now that she had ignored her too. It's not like there were the same feelings involved, no, they weren't friends before but it still felt like karma, everything mean she did until this moment had accumulated and now it was time to suffer the consequences by being ignored by Chaeyoung. 

The girl didn't look at Mina but Mina did look at Chaeyoung, she stared at her analyzing her mood, the way she was so lost until the other girls called for her. She was glad that she answered, it was nice to know that she actually could talk. But then Sana asked about the breakup because that seemed like the obvious reason for Chaeyoung to have been looking so down. When Chaeyoung felt trapped and didn't know what to answer, she felt guilty once again, so she interrupted her. She wanted to help. She told Sana the truth, knowing that they would question her, questions that she was not sure could be answered with the truth, because she was not going to explain that Chaeyoung had asked her to talk with Sana about the intense messages, but she was going to have to explain why she had sent that specific text and that was complicated.

Everything was complicated in Mina's head. But she didn't have to explain, because something more complicated appeared.

Kwan.

It was always the same. Momo and Sana had seen him before, in one of the few times he was sent. Because he was sent, she had no say in it. She loved her mom, but the woman was obsessed with Mina being perfect, and that meant having a perfect boyfriend. The truth is he was nice, sweet, extremely patient, a gentleman, he had all the qualities to be known as a good catch. But Mina just didn't like him, so she had not accepted him. They weren't official, they just forcefully dated. It was a task she had to bear once in a while in order for her mother to be at ease. It was not the worst task ever, she got to eat nice and receive gifts, but it was quite boring to go out with him, and the guy had tried to be more affectionate with her too, that was awkward as well. But in the eyes of her mother, they were a good match and one day they'll end up together.

Mina had thought about it, obviously, and she had believed for moments that maybe Kwan was it for her. It's not like she wanted to meet someone else, dating was not the most exciting for her. Before Kwan, she had met other guys, she even had kissed some of them because they were handsome enough but she never actually liked them, there was nothing appealing in kissing, that's what she thought. At least Kwan was nice to her mother too, that was great, wasn't it? So maybe he was the one. But Mina knew that there was something missing, she just didn't know what because he had it all, what else could she expect.

So there he had been again, as a hero, saving her from having to confess to Sana why she had sent that text. They talked, as always but she didn't like him around her friends, it was awkward for her for some reason so she told him she would call him later, but that right now she had classes. She also thanked him for the flowers and all. It was no more than three minutes, she was sure, but by the time she went back to the table, Chaeyoung was gone. It felt wrong. So she asked.

"Chaeyoung left?" She could see that Tzuyu was frowning and Dahyun was just confused. So Sana answered.

"She did."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure." Sana was the only one answering her. But then Momo added something too.

"She asked about Kwan." Momo's voice was so different, she sounded so serious. Mina got worried.

"Why did you say?" A weird sensation was taking over, her stomach twisted. Something was not right.