Chapter 24: classic day

(Gale still hasn't returned)

Peeta POV:

We walk into school as the bell goes and as we sit down in registration get a few glances our way. We have gym for the first two periods.
"PEETA!"
"Wha...what?" Then I see the teacher standing I front of me.
"I asked you about the school play, you and your friends should all join," she says.
"Peeta will." Katniss says.
"So will you," I point out to Katniss.
"Oh Katniss dear, you should join I hear you can sing very well."
"Oh no. No no no miss you heard wrong, I can not sing therefore I shouldn't be in the school play," Katniss corrects miss.

"Katniss!" Clove scolds. "Miss she can sing, I will make sure our whole group, including Katniss, is at auditions."
Katniss sighs loudly.
"Wonderful!" The teacher says. The bell goes and our group is first out the room.
"Peeta..." Katniss whines.
"What?" I say innocently.
"I dislike you very much right now." The group lasts.
"Clove!" She jumps on cloves back. "your supposed to be my friend! You don't send me off to slaughter."
"Slaughter?" Marvel asks.
"The stage, she thinks the stage is slaughter," I point out to the group.
"I don't think. I know," she says.
"Awww come here," I wrap my arm around her shoulder and kiss her on the forehead, she giggles and smiles at me.
"It won't be that bad," Annie says.
"Yeah," Finnick backs her up.

Our group splits up and we all get ready for gym. When we're all done getting changed we go into the sports hall to find a surprise. The girls are in the sports hall to and we are playing dodge ball.

Girls vs. Boys

Interesting...

"Your going down!" Finnick yells.
"No chance!" Annie shouts.
"Get married already you to!" Katniss interrupts them.
All the boys near us laugh.
"Dude?" Finnick says.
"You heard my girl," I laugh. "Just marry.."
"Dude shut it!" Finnick playfully slaps me.

"3!..2!..1!..GO!" The teachers yell in Union. Marvel gets to the balls first.

The girls team up and take everyone out. Finnick gets Delly out very quickly.

It's now down to Katniss, Annie, finnick and me.
Clove, glimmer and jo got out first. I was laughing so hard I almost got hit.

"Let's mix it up. Annie swap with Peeta." The gym teacher instructs.
So it's me and Katniss vs. finnick and Annie.

Annie throws one first and we both dodge it. Then finnick throws one and I look as if I'm about to dodge it but I catch it instead.
"Dam." He whispers.

Finnick starts chanting for Annie and a few of the girls join in. Surprisingly delly has started cheering but I can't work out who she is cheering for.
Katniss and I both aim and throw at Annie and the same time. We get her out.

Katniss runs into my arms I pick her up and spin her around.

*time flash to the 4th lesson*
Jo POV:

The 4th lesson of today is....English. And guess who I sit next to. Gale. And guess who's not here. Gale. and guess who else hasn't got a partner. Delly.
Save me.
Our teacher isn't in so Cinna fills in for her.
He explains about a story assignment project that you need to do in partners.
It has to be a boy and a girl so its all fair. But there will be some pairs of girls as there are more girls in the class then boys. And he starts reading the list out.
"Abbie and George
Annie and Zayn
Clove and Francis
Glimmer and Harry
Delly and Peeta"
I imeadetly look at Katniss who sits next to Peeta. They both have the same expression. And I laugh really loudly.
"Johanna please be quiet." Cinna says.
"Katniss and finnick
Jessica and Cato
Emma and marvel
Olivia and gale
Joanna and thresh
Madge and Luke
Harriet and Tom
Cassidy and Lucy
Melissa and Veronica."