Chapter 31: One returns and one leaves

KATNISS POV:

I just want to stop thinking for a minute. I just want to runaway.

But I don't. I'm not gonna run away. Because peeta won't be trying to find me anymore. I won't have anyone.

Annie and Jo were mad at me for lying to Peeta. And then clove was just angry at both of us. And glimmer was really sad because there would be no more 'Everlark' or whatever.

I walk out the bedroom and see the girls have left and gone across the hall. The door has been left open and there is suitcase in the hall.

Is someone moving in? Or out?

I stand in the door frame for a bit. Then I walk over to the suitcases. I find the same tag and turn it over.

Gale has returned.

Suddenly someone walks out of the boys dorm and I hide behind the door.
"Katniss?" gale says.
"Yeah." I reply from behind the door. He walks towards our door and I walk out from behind the door. I must look like a wreck. Tear stained face. Make up everywhere. Hair in a mess. Clothes are all scruffy.
"I'm guessing this wasnt the best time to come back." He chuckles. I smile a little. He walks up to me and hugs me. I hug him back. It's not one of those quick hugs. It's a hug that I think we both need. I mean he left so suddenly.
"You staying this time?" I ask him.
"Yes." He says resting his chin on the top of my head. "You okay? He adds.
"No. I just need a friend. I have none know. And I'm glad your here." I say. We brake from the hug.
"Look about what had happened before I left, and what happened on the beach I'm sorry I.." He begins but I stop him.
"It's fine. It's all forgotten." I tell him. He smiles and tell me that he hopes I feel better. Then he tells me he has to go. So he walks over to his suitcases and drags them into the boys dorm.

I don't want to see the girls now to I close the door and look it.

I run over to the breakfast bar and turn on my laptop. I go on the academy's website and looks at rooms available. I'm gonna handle this as an adult would. I'm gonna start fresh. I'm gonna move out and find knew friends.

To be honest I blame myself. I join the school got loads of friends and a boyfriend of my dreams. It was to good to be true. And anyway he dumped me. And I don't think my friends will forgive me.

Is this what happens to all girls if they lie. I know lying is a bad thing to do. But pesetas mum threatened to hurt him. What was I supposed to do? Tell him then go to the bakery and find him unconscious.

It just would have caused loads of pain.

Ugh. I guess this is just a usual brake up and Peeta gonna go out with Sydney and move on with his life with all of his friends. While I'm gonna make new friends and start again.

It will be easier. And plus I thought the girls would be there for me through everything and anything. But I was wrong.

The school says that they have a room for 1 the other side of the school. I arrange to meet the head of accommodation whose name is Mrs Coin.
I then click on prices. The rent on that place is the same as it is to rent here.

Sydney could move in. I bet her and Annie are already having coffee together.

I realise my pulse is rising. I take a deep breath. I write the room number, to meet the Mrs. Coin in, on my hand. I grab my phone and unlock the door. I see Sydney come out of her dorm on the Phone to someone.
"Yes mum, I'm moving out of Delly's dorm... I dunno I will find somewhere else to stay... No actually my friend has offered to lend me a loan so I can pay for rent and stuff...... No mum.... It's Peeta... No but.... Thank you.... Yes Delly knows...... The party was okay I guess..... Yes Delly is okay with my decision.... Bye...love you." She hangs up on the phone and looks at me sympathetically.
"Katniss I'm sorry.." She begins.
"Save it. You did nothing wrong. And I'm moving if you want to move into my dorm." I say bluntly and starts walking down the stairs.
"Katniss why are you moving? Give it time. Everyone's just a bit... On edge." Sydney replies.