Chapter 33: happy?

KATNISS POV:

The week has gone so slowly. And a lot has happened. Sydney was right gale hasn't spoken to me since Monday. But Annie and Finnick have constantly be coming up to me trying to talk to me. But then Sydney appears and they have to walk away.

On Wednesday Sydney, Annie, clove, glimmer and Jo all walked into school as the new popular girls then Sydney decided to spread a rumour about me cheating on Peeta.

And the part that I was most shocked about was that Peeta knew this wasnt true but he didn't say anything. So know I when I walk in the hallways there are people yelling hurtful things. And I'm beginning to feel like I will never be happy again.

It's now Friday. And I'm used to people calling me names now. And when I walk into drama thats when everything changes. Sydney and gale are holding hands and the group are all crowding around them. When they notice me enter they all turn to face me and glare at me.

I take a seat at the back of the room. The rest of the class takes their seats in the first two rows.

We have been rehearsing a play for the past two weeks and today we are given our official parts. I should have just ditched drama and gone to the woods.

I put my head on the desk with arms folded in front of me.

A couple minutes go by when the room falls silent. Then Mrs. Trinket speaks.
"Peeta dear, why are you late?" I sit up straight a scan the room for Peeta. I find him just walking in and taking a seat away from the group.

Over the week Peeta has sort of drifted away from the group. I meant he's a part of the group but he acts like he doesn't want to be. Also Gale and Sydney have gotten really close. There kissing and that in the hallways and they are always sitting next to each other in class despite the seating arrangement. Ugh. I thought it was to annoy me and shove it my face. But no. They are full on dating right now. Even thought holding hands doesn't really get you a best couple meddle. And the worst part is the rest of the group are okay with it.

I just want to go over there and scream in there faces. It's like they have gone blind. And I would go over and scream at them. But I don't dare have the nerve to. Not since I am totally outnumbered. And they would all laugh at me. Including Peeta and my Step brother.

Ugh and the worst part is: Finnick seems a lot happier with Annie. It just makes me feel so invisible. And like they were all acting to like me but truth is they hated me.

Anyway back to reality..

As Peeta takes his seat he glances around the room. That's until his eyes lock with mine. I instantly look away and look down. But then I hear Sydney laughing with Clove and Glimmer.

All three of them turn around a look at me. Next Sydney is gonna yell some snarky comment about my hair. Or shoes.

Gotta love Mockingjay Academy. Sarcasm.

"Anyway, when I call you up I would like you to stand in groups." The teacher, Effie, says. "Centre stage there will be the group of main characters." she runs to centre stage.

"In the left corner, when I call you, all the dancing cast. In the right corner. And so on.." The teacher then grabs her clipboard.
"Katniss Everdeen." I look at the teacher in shock and avoid the looks from the whole entire class.
"Katniss you will be Playing Jennifer the main character." She pauses and stares at me.
"Katniss could you please come up and onto the stage." I reluctantly get up and walk over to the stage.

I'm a little embarrassed about what I'm wearing now. I'm just wearing a grey, off the shoulder, baggy jumper with dark blue jeans and brown leather combat boots.