Chapter 46: numb

MARVEL POV:

Love me? She still loves me? I mean, I still love her but we just don't work anymore. Could we try again.
I watch her face and the biggest smile stretches onto it. "Ha." She giggles. "You should have seen your face!"

"You were kidding?" I utter in disbelief. And for a moment I consider letting her fall to the ground in a drunken heap. Only for a moment. I couldn't let her fall out of my arms. Never.

"Yes I was." She says. "But I don't want to be." She shifts in my arms so she's facing me and then I let her lean back against the car. "You were a great boyfriend." She murmurs.

"You were a great girlfriend." I say and it's true. But she giggles and nods informing me that it's once again a joke and I give up on the situation.

Why does love suck?

KATNISS POV: *the next day (Wednesday)*

Even though Jo and Clove are leaving on the train tonight they still have to come to their classes.
Right now it's music. I came in early to help Zayn with his song. We ended up finishing and recording it by the end of break. And then we both sat down and waited for the class to start. I watch as everyone pours through the door. Glimmer and Marvel take the furthest seats away from each other. When they sit they both smile at each other and I find this odd. But Also I smile at it. They are not together but they are friends? Right? Finally everyone settles down and I can't help but notice Gale is missing. He's probably going to be late as usual.

During class we get a few things worked out. Dani is actually seriously nice and I helped her write a song which she performed to the class.

After she finishes the class is buzzing and the teacher picks Jo to go next. Just as she starts the piano Gale burst through the doors. Jo then stumbles and misses her spacing on the piano. She goes red in the face and request to start again.
She does this and the song starts beautifully.

GALE POV:

I'm late. Late! I was trying to find Jo. But no. She's performing her song. The song. Oh crap the song! God this girl gets me so confused.

I run. Crap where is the music block. I swing by my locker before I walk to my room which is literally next to it.
I burst through it to find jo beginning her song.

I sit down at the back and listen to it.

"I always see the light way before the dark
And you always see the end way before the start
I've been trying and; finding that things going right
Aren't as simple as everyone told me they would be
I know that you miss me
I'm sorry I'm busy
And; don't make the time
For the things you ask from me

Out of breath
Out of time
Is it your turn?
Is it mine?
I can't sleep tonight
I can't sleep tonight, no
Is it fine, if we find
That in time this isn't right
I can't speak tonight
I can't speak tonight, no

Just make me feel special
And make me feel loved
Make me feel something
Lately life's made me numb
I just want to hold you
For just long enough
So you don't get tired of me telling you
I love you so much

If I take care of you
Who's gonna take care of me
I could just say take care and leave
But I love how you stare at me
I stay cause I'm scared to leave
I'm not prepared to be
Lonely without you see
That just won't feel right
I need you in my life