Chatper 25: suprising events

PEETA POV:

I get up really early on Tuesday and try not to wake the others up. I really needed some art supplies. I was thinking of doing a little painting for Katniss for her birthday. It's on May 15. So it's slightly under a a month away. Anyway I just want it to be special.

I get dressed and pick up my phone and wallet. (I'm coming back after) and then I start walking down the street.

When I get in there a grab a pack of oil paints, a meter by meter sized canvas then finally a 50 part set of paint brushes.

"That will be £21:65 altogether please." I play the man the money at the till. I then look up and see his name tag.
'Mr Silvers'
"Wait are you cloves dad?" I ask.
"Why yes I am. How do you know daughter?"

"Oh we're like.." I don't know how to describe it. "Like....best friends."

Cloves dad laughs. "She got you stuck in the friend zone mate?"
"Oh god no! Not in that way...um I .... she's not...i have a girlfriend."

He seems to get it. "How's she doing?"

"Well she's ok now but she sometimes finds it hard, it's was only a month and a half ago when her mum got arrested. I mean.."

"SHE GOT ARRESTED?" He shouts.

"OMG sir you didn't know?"
He shaped his head. "Why..why was she..?"

"Mr silvers she was an abusive mother."
He shakes his head you must be mistaken. "No, sorry but I'm not believing that."

But then I remember the video I have on my phone. And I show it to him. it's only half way through the video when he looks away and can't watch anymore.

"I'm calling clove at 8." He says.
"How did you not know? It happened in here?" I ask.

"Me and my wife are divorced, we agreed on certain days I would run the store and certain days she would. It's was about a month and a half ago and she called me saying she didn't want anything to do with the art store. If I remember correctly there were sirens in the background and other things. But I guess that wasn't just the traffic noise." He looks down ashamed.

"Well sorry you had to find out like this." I say.
"Well clove never would of told me. She never really speaks to me. I know why now. she think I'm like her mother. you need to tell her I'm not.."
"Ok I will...sir and I've got to go now." he gives me my stuff and I'm about to leave when he says
"Call me David."
I nod and walk out.

Well that was weird.

KATNISS POV;

We all get up and do the usual.
We get dressed do our hair and make up then wait for the boys at 8.
|[a/n. katniss's outfit is the picture is displayed at the beginning of the chapter.]|

The boys come out of there dorm. I walk over to Peeta kiss him and say hello. but he doesn't kiss back.
"What's wrong." I whisper.
"Well long story short." Peeta says. "Iran into cloves dad and he didn't know about her mum being arrested. but the is a very good chance that I may of told him and he's gonna call her any minute now." He finishes.
"Well done." I say sarcastically.
Then a phone rings. because we all have iPhones and they all have the same ringtone we all jump and look at our phones.

But guess who's phone it really was...
Cloves.

CLOVE POV:

My dads yelling at me on the phone.
*phone call*
Dad: your coming out for the day with me.
Me: you can't do that dad
Dad: sorry but we need to talk
Me: I don't want to. And about what
Dad: your mum being arrested
Me: how did you know about that!
Dad: Peeta told me ealier today
Me: no dad I'm not coming out of school to talk with you ok? I'm fine!
Dad: clove don't tell me what to do! I'm not gonna hurt you or yell at you I promise
Me: that's what mum used to say
Dad: trust me clove
Me: trust needs to be earned
Dad: okay then meet up with me today and I will prove to you. I'm not gonna hurt you.