Chapter 32: hurting

KATNISS POV:

I blocked their numbers. I moved out.

I felt bad because it was like I was running away. I just moved without an explanation. But then again I did go back and they were all screaming at eachother literally.

No one has tried to text or call me.

I'm taking that as a sign. A sign to move forward.

They don't want me. I think. And I don't need them. I think.

~

~

It's Monday morning. I get up and dress in black skinny jeans with a white crop top and a red checkered funnel. I then put on a black beanie and red converse.

I see them a lot in the hallways. I can tell they are all looking at me. But I don't even look at them I just keep my head down.

I only look up when I bump into someone and my books go scattering across the floor. I look up and see Sydney.
"Should of watched where you are going." She sighs.
"Sorry." I mutter.
She kneels down to my level and doesn't help with picking up books she just stares at me.
"Don't act so surprised. You knew you were gonna get pushed out eventually."
"What do you want?" I order as I stand up.

She stands up to and stares at me.
"You know I thought you were nice." I admit. "But your just a two faced female dog."

"Katniss your not getting it." She says. "I wanted to be popular.  Now I joined this group and kicked you out. Now your me and I'm you."

"Not exactly. I mean, gale is still talking to me." I say.
"Not for long." She whispers then walks away. I turn around and watch her walk over to the group.

~
Why are people just not who I thought they were?

English goes by quickly I swap places with a girl named Jasmine at the back.

I just watch Abbie flirt with Peeta all lesson.

Next lesson is music. I might ditch it.

~
But I don't
~

I don't sit with them in music. But I keep looking at them to see if they are looking at me. Then I lock eyes with him.

Peeta. He looks a wreck. Like he hasn't slept or eaten.

I look away. And when I look back I see gale.
He wants me to sit next to him. But he's with the group. So I shake my head.

Sydney is sitting in between Peeta and marvel. And I can tell by the way they look at each other that they more then a few things to say.

I'm sitting doodling in my book when the teacher enters. She struts onto the stage and tells the class to get into groups and we are supposed to do a cover of a song.

What the hell do I do?

"The lists of the groups are on the board." She says. The board gets switch on.

And I find my name at the bottom with Peeta, Annie, Sydney and finnick

No. Please no.

A loud whisper starts spreading through out the room as everyone gets into there groups and finds instruments and music rooms.

I walk over to Annie and Finnick who are hugging. Then Sydney walks over and smiles at me sympathetically. Ugh.

They grab guitars and stuff and we all find our way into a music room with and piano and drum kit in.