Chapter 29: secrets

PEETA POV:

Delly starts to say a lot of things then Sydney comes along. "Let him go." She says.
"No I'm talking to him." Delly snaps.

"It's clear he don't wanna talk to you." She retorts.
Delays leans over and whispers something I to Sydney's ear. Judging by Sydney's reaction it was probably threat.

"Sydney." I say. Sydney leans away from delly who is  still whispering to her.
"Can you help me with something?" She instantly walks away form Delly and starts to follow me. The crowd stops once were in the house and we can finally talk.
"What happened with finnick and Annie? They were arguing them finnick walked away talking to himself and he said your name." I blurt out.
"Oh no. No. No." Sydney starts wording and runs her fingers through her hair.
"Delly! Omg its was Delly!" She starts yelling at me  like o did something wrong.

"Calm down. Okay." I take her arms away fro
Her hair which she started to pull out.
"Tell me what happened."

"Delly happened. Where's finnick." I shake me head in response. "Annie?" I shake me head again.

"I'm finding finnick, Katniss is finding Annie." I explain.

"Well finnick wouldn't leave the party..." Sydney says.
"He would want to leave a chance that Annie would come looking for him." I add.

We both smile that start looking for
Finnick.

I search upstairs first. I walk into one room and it instantly get slaes back in face. What's happening in there?

It happens with a couple more doors and then go across the landing and up a flight of stairs.

There are four rooms. I open one and it's her parents room. You can't tell her parent don't stay very often. Dust has gathered on The bed and the bathroom doer handle.

There's a massive canvas that has a printing of Delly and another girl her parents. They must have been divorced because there are two other people beside each of the parents. Delly and the other girl look like they was was around 12 years old and the smaller girl was around 10.
"Who is that?" I say to myself.

"She looks so innocent." I jump and turn around.
"She does though. And that's me by the way. Dellys parents divorced just after she was born. They her dad found my another women and they had me."

I nod as a reply.
"Your right she does look innocent."

"Something must of happened to make her go all... You know... Mean." Sydney shrugs.

We stench around a bit more. Well finnick isn't in here. We walk over to the room opposite.

We open the door and are met by loads of perfume and a purple and pink themed room.

I sigh and put my phone on the side and start searching the room.

"This is Dellys room." Sydney tells me.
"God havnt missed this room." She says.
"Wait you've been in here before?" I ask.
"Yeah loads of times. When me and her were young we loved the idea of being step sisters I used to climb through he window almost every day so we could play dress up." Sydney smiles like she's remembering the moment.
"There's a balcony like 7 meters from the window. I made indents to I could climb up to her window easier."
"Sydney." I say. She suddenly realises what she said and we both rush over to the window and look down. And there is finnick.

"What do we do know?" Sydney asks. "And why are you trusting me."
"Instinct. And finnick told me what Delly is doing to you."

Sydney looks ashamed. But then her head snaps up and turns to the door.
"She's coming." She hisses. Then I head someone coming up the stairs.
"Come on." She takes me hand in hers and runs into another part of dellys room that's her wardrobe. She slides a door open and dives in behind the clothes. She drags me with her and I slide the door closed.