CHAPTER 37- Regret and Remorse

KATNISS POV:

"What?" Finnick stutters.
"I said I knew, I have known for a while now," I let out a long sigh before continuing. "I was waiting for him to tell me,"
"But he never did." Finnick finishes for me.

That's right. He never did.

~
~
"We are going to take Sydney down." States Finnick.
"How?" I ask.
Finnick laces in front of me a bit. He sighs again and again.
"We kinda have some information on her," he starts.
"Finnick you can't blackmail her." I say although I would like that very much.
"Oh why not," he snaps.
Before I speak I bite my tongue. What I want to say could come out wrong. Or it could make Finnick hate or- maybe it won't. I don't know. Ugh.
"Sydney isn't the problem."
Finnick stops his laces and stares at me. Studying me almost like he did before. Searching me. But for what?
"Delly is the problem. She's always been the problem." I says unsure of how Finnick will respond. "Delly has just been lurking in the shadows letting Abbie and Sydney do the work."

Finnick lets out a very loud sigh. "But if we take Delly down the others have to go with her. I mean they are all related in someway. And that included Jake." He says.
"I know," I hesitate for a moment. That does include Jake. "Finnick I know, that's why I'm so stuck," Finnick can tell that I'm torn up inside so he motions for us to sit down. We both sit down and I take my seat so that I can lean on a tree trunk.
"Finnick I wants from having a big group of friends to having none. I've had so many people come and go all through my life like my father." I stop for a moment again. "And gale."

"So your saying that we should just take Delly and Sydney and Abbie down. Leave their brother, or whatever the heck he is, here?" He asks. I sigh knowing that it sounded better in my head.

To my left, the sounds of to pairs of feet running away, become distinct. A soft whisper sounds as well. And A little giggle.
"We should go," Finnick suggests. I nod along before we walk out of the forest. Being the brother that he is he puts a hand on my back and guides me through the forest like a young child. I smile at this though. Although he hasn't been a brother to me lately- this kind of makes up for it. I don't even know how but all the hatred and sadness has all died down to just something small. I feel a tiny bit of happiness in this moment of walking through the woods. Like I have my brother again. And this moment is far better then anything else that I've been feeling towards him and the others. I was hating them and revenge plotting and self pitting.

But that's all gone. All of it.

Once we are out of the forest Finnick heads towards his dorm room and I turn to the left to go to mine. Finnick starts climbing the stairs before he speaks.
"Hey were are you going?" He asks.
I turn around to find him walking back down the stairs. "Back to my dorm," I reply.
"No come on," he indicated for me to walk upstairs with him.
"No, wouldn't it be weird?" I ask.
"No," he implying strongly.
"No Finnick I don't want to," I argue.
"You can't keep everyone waiting," he says and before I can argue he picks me up. Classy move on Finnicks behalf.

I open the door and am meted by everyone who I've missed. They get up from where they were all sitting and look at me with hope in their eyes.
I don't think I should be the first one to speak so I stay quiet.
I look to Johanna; who used to always have my back.
Then to Glimmer and Clove the kindest and crazy girls. And major shopaholics.
And then to Annie. Who was like a sister to me. Well all the girls were.

Then my eyes settle upon Cato and Marvel who always made me laugh.
Then Gale. Who I gave a second chance. And he understand me.
Then Finnick who is my brother. Well, really he's my step brother but what the heck.
Then my eyes fall onto Peeta. The guy I missed the most. The one I loved. Wait what am I saying. LOVED. Really? I never stopped loving peeta. And seeing him made all the feelings come rushing back.
And I can feel it now. Being in the same room as these people just makes me feel joy again.
I mean I was happy with Jake and all but it's not the same.