Chapter 22: theyre gone

Thank you so much @torielise27 for a lovely comment on my story.
-------------------------
KATNISS POV:

"It's fine I just need to tell you something."
"What?" he asks
I open my mouth should I tell him?

"I've been such and idiot!" I cry.
"Need a hug?" He opens his arms. I fling myself into them and we fall back.

I end up trying to get up quickly but I just fail and fall back.
"Sorry." Peeta says.
"Sorry? You really sorry about this?" I ask sarcastically.
"No I like it." He smiles. I can see his face more clearer now as the sun is rising.
What time it is?

PEETA POV:

What does she mean by she's been an idiot? If anyone's been an idiot it's me. I'm the one who agreed to go on a date with Abbie. I'm surprised she has forgiven me already.

But why does she need to forgive me? It's not like where going out.

"Why did you say you were an idiot?" I ask.
"I kissed..." I know it's not going to end well.
"I kissed gale." She says. And I think I see something, she changes.

"Gale?" I ask.
"Yes. But we were just playing around on the beach and..."
"The beach huh?" I say.
"Stop being like that." She playfully slaps me.
"Like what?" I say flatly.
"Like you don't care!" And tears start to form in her eyes.

"Why would I care?" I shout.

"Because we're friends maybe?" She chokes on her words.
"Because I like you."

"Katniss, I can't do this anymore." I stand up but she catches my hand.
"Do what?" She pauses. "Be friends?"
"No I can do that just fine." I then shake her hand off.
"I'm sorry Peeta. So sorry." Tears starts to fall and she covers up her face with her hands.
"For what?" I kneel down next to her and remove her hands from her face.
"It's was you Peeta," she whipes her tears away.
"You were the one I was afraid of losing."

"I've gotta go. And don't cry. I don't think I'm worth that much." I get up and walk away.

"Peeta!" She pleads. "Peeta!"

But I'm already of the beach and in my car.

What did I just do?

Did I just walk away from her because I want to hurt her? I don't do that....I'm not that kinda guy! I'm not gale!

She's gonna go to gale now..

I get out the car and rush to the beach again. It's been like 20 seconds since I left and was sat in my car but she's already halfway down the beach and I dancing. At least I think she is.

It's not what I expected.

KATNISS POV:

When your angry of just really happy you dance. That's what professionals do. I've seen it. So I think I will try.

I run further down the beach and let the tears dry on my face. I take off my cardigan and place in on top of my shoes. I press play to a song.
'Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran'
Of course.

I let my feet sink in the sand and as the music fills the air. I then dance.
I do tricks I never thought I could do.

I guess my emotions drive me even more. It's like if I put every ounce of my heart into this dance, I will be free.

Free like a bird. Like a mockingjay!

Peetas probably back in his dorm calling Abbie. I thought he was better then that. I really did. But he just wants to hurt me.

After doing loads of turns and spins, I run in and out of the water.

I then pick up my cardigan and shoes. I put my phone into back pocket and connect the Apple EarPods to my phone.