Chapter 36

Jack's pov:

I stirred awake and saw the beauty laying next to me. Her long brown hair laid out on the pillow and her beautiful creamy skin had soft features as she slept. Light snores and little murmurs coming out of her soft pink plump lips. I scan my eyes over her naked body and smile. She is mine as i am hers. My eyes move back to her face and I could see the tiny faded scars that Austin gave her and I hate remembering that I couldn't really stop it. 

I look at the time and it's 7:30am. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and start the shower. i let my hand under the water to make sure its warm enough, as i did last night. The memories of last night flooding my mind and i just smirk cause it was hot seeing her like that. 

I go back into the room and kiss Ambers cheeks and her forehead, "Babe, wake up."

Her eyes fluttered open and her lips curved upwards. "5 more minutes" she grumbled.

"Nope. We gotta go see the house today and everyone has to shower. the water will be cold." I tell her running my hand through her hair. She just sighs and smiles at me. "Carry me" she says

I pick her up bridal style and carrying her to the bathroom, setting her down on her feet once we get ready to get in the warm running water. We step in and she just lets the warm water cascade from the top of her head and down her body, soaking her hair; eyes closed and her lips slightly parted cause it feels good.

I take a step towards her to get the warm water on myself and i feel her just lean against me, sleepily. I grab the shampoo bottle, pour it in my hands, rub them together and put in her hair. Massaging her head as the soap turns to bubbles in her hair. 

"Jack." Amber says lowly

"Whats up my love?" i ask her

"What do we do if some of them don't like the house? or if none of them like it? or we all like it?" she asks me as i rinse her hair

"Wouldn't it be a good thing if we all like it?" i answer her with a question as i put the conditioner in my hands and repeat what i did with conditioner

"Of course it would be. but i'm so used to it being us. or being by myself and not having anyone tell me what to do or how to live my life. we only have a month and a half of school left. i'm passing but it's not going to be like it is now." She says with a sigh

"Why do you think everything will change? You'll have me, grace, the boys and your sister. I get the weird feeling of living with an adult because thats something we both haven't done in a long time. It will be strange but its something that we can get used to. Anywhere you are, I want to be." I tell her as i put body soap on the loofa and start rubbing it down her body.

"It'll change because I know my sister. She'll be gone for a while and then come back and expect everyone to be grateful that she's back and drop everything for her. Granted I haven't seen her in a year so I don't know what shes like yet, since everyone changes. But, she was my best friend before she left.. she left and didn't come back until SHE was ready. I'm happy she's here but she's not my best friend anymore no matter how much i wish she was." Amber admits taking the loofa from me, washing it and putting more soap on it to wash my body for me.

"Well why don't we give her a chance, babe? We don't know who she is now. she may leave often but while she's here, patch things up with her. she needs to do the same. Don't count her out just yet. nothing will change besides a bigger house and your sister." I tell her as we wash off our bodies and finish washing my hair.

"You're right babe, I'm sorry i overthink so much." she says turning off the water.

"Don't ever be sorry for needing reassurance and never be sorry for overthinking, we can't help that part of us." i say as i wrap her in her towel and wrap the towel around my waist.

We stroll into the room and start changing. I look at the time at its 8:15. I look over at my girlfriend and find her in my shirt that's a little too big for her and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans with her black and white slip on vans. I realize she decided to match me. I'm wearing my white and black shirt with black jeans and vans. she's in my black and white color blocked shirt. 

"Nice outfit sweetcheeks" i tell her with a smirk

"Thanks, its my favorite" she says with a wide smile and combs her fingers through her hair.

we walk downstairs and everyones awake, zombified but awake. half are showered and ready the other are in pjs. after everyone gets ready for the day, we head out and head to the house that might be our future home.