Chapter 19

Ambers pov

Everything last night was eye opening. Not everyone has this perfect life even if they seem like it.  It doesn't matter how big the house is or how great the person is, it matters what happens in their life. 

Not everybody has the life they asked for or feel like they deserve. There's always going to be someone who needs more or just wants more. Whether their life is shit or not. We need that ONE person who we know isn't going to go anywhere even when things get hard and crazy. 

If you've watched Grey's Anatomy like i have, Meredith is Christina's person, and the other way around. No matter how much shit has happened, that's her person. I feel like we need that one person, no matter who it is. 

I'm just laying next to jack, looking at him, admiring him and just thinking, "Is this my person?" I mean he might as well be. The day I met him, he's been by my side and has helped me through everything. He broke down a wall, I didn't know that I had.  I'm pretty sure I'm in love with this kid.

I whisper "You are my person" and kiss jacks forehead before I jump out of bed and into the shower. I turn on my bluetooth speaker and play my favorite song, "Trainwreck" by James Arthur (play it) and belt it out with these emotions I didn't know i had inside of me. 

I do my thing and get out to see Jack smiling at me. 

"What are you looking at weirdo?" I say to him and laugh

"I can't just stand here and smile because my girlfriend has an awesome ass voice, that i didn't know about?" jack says

"Well." I say and walk away. I drop my towel and shimmy as i put my undergarments, on purpose.

"You just love messing with me, don't you." Jack tells me. "I'm going to take a cold shower, ass."

I laugh so hard as he walks away mumbling. 

"Wait, amber!" jack yells from the shower

"Whats up babe?" I say as I peep my head into the door

"You're my person, too. I love you." He looks out of the shower curtain and smiles.

"You heard me?! but I love you too." i say shocked.

"Yeah, I was gonna scare you and jump up but you were being cute." His laugh booms throughout the bathroom

"Yeah yeah, hurry up. No more skipping school. It's been like a week." i say seriously.

"fine fine" Jack says.

We finish getting ready, grab our bags and head to Jack's car. I pull down the mirror and emotionally hate my face. I still have 3 days until these stitches come out. This is tiring. 

"Whats wrong?" Jack asks and grabs my hand

"These things in my face, I'm going to have the ugliest scars in the world and as soon as I get to school everybody is going to look at me like i grew 2 heads and it's going to bring me down. I just don't know. i don't wanna go to school until my face looks normal. turn around." I say breathlessly 

"You look normal and you're beautiful no matter what. Who cares what other people think, Your inside beauty is all that matters, to be very honest." He tells me

"Now I know why I love you." i say to him.

We pull into school, it's already 11. which means were a few hours late, but thats okay. 

Jack somehow managed to change all of his classes so we had them all together. We walked into 4th hour and everybody stared at me. I instantly felt insecure. I looked down and Jack saw it. 

"Do you guys really have to stare? Didn't your parents every teach you not to have a staring problem?" Jack said angrily. I put my hand on his arm and he looked at me. I nodded and we both walked to the back and sat down. 

Everybody was whispering and finally someone turned around and asked me what happened. I told them they'd find out soon because there is no way the school wasn't going to find out. 

I texted Grace and told her to come to my 4th hour and she texted back instantly. There was a knock and then an anxious Grace came in and walked straight to me. I stood up and she hugged me like her life depended on it. 

"I'm so sorry, I should've been there." She said crying then I broke down. We broke apart and i looked at jack, and he was sitting there with sympathy in his eyes. The class was sitting there wondering what happened. Grace got angry. "You wanna know who did this? Thank that dumbass jock, Austin. He is a little b.." I put my hand over her mouth and we walk out of the class. Jack follows.

"I'm okay, I promise Grace." I tell her

"i'm so sorry, I should've been there." She tells me getting ready to cry again

"Hey, nobody knew this was gonna happen. I'm okay. As soon as I get these stitches out, it'll be like it never happened. okay?" I say as i hug her. 

"I love you Amber.. and jack. Thank you for being there for her when i couldn't be." Grace says to both of us.

"I'll always be here for amber and you since you're her best friend." Jack says hugging me. 

We always started to walk to the lunch room, we heard 2 guys arguing. I tell them to shush and we look around the corner.

I almost scream.. Brody and Austin are arguing with each other. i turn but i catch "You were suppose to make her fall for you, not terrified." 

"I thought austin was in jail.." I whisper to both of them. 

Jack storms off to both of them. "What the hell do you think you dumbasses are doing in this school? We got a restraining order on both of you and you can not be here. I will kick both of your asses right now." jack yells.

I run to him and pull him away by his arm. "Babe let it go. They aren't shit." I spat towards them. 

"You'll get yours amber. Wait for it. Your life will be hell AND jack won't be here forever. He'll find someone so much better than you and leave. But i'm always here baby." Brody says and tried to walk closer to me as Austin snickers. 

"Brody, can I tell you a secret?" I tell him sweetly. I walk towards him but jack grabs my arm. I wink at him and he lets go. I put my mouth to his ear. "You're a piece of shit who is miserable because you can't get anything or anybody you want. so might as well leave me alone cause nothing will make jack and i separate. not you, not austin and not your dad. Oh and also, Your dick was small." I say loud enough for people to hear. His mouth is gaped open like a fish.

"You bitch" he snarls.

i bring my knee up to kick his little buddy. "See ya bitch"

I walk to Jack and Grace as brody hits his knees.

"Let's go to lunch guys, my treat. lets go off campus" Jack grabs me by my waist and grace grabs my hand. 

I feel so much better now.