Chapter 37

Amber's pov

"I didn't think it was going to take this long to get to this house" Grace whines making johnson do a little laugh and put his arm around her shoulders.

"Girl I said it was going to be a 2 hour drive." I say turning around looking at her. "We're almost there, we got like 5 minutes."

"Finallllllly we've been in this car for 12 hours." she says overreacting

"Oh hushhhh, look, there's my sisters car. yay" I say monotone-ish.

We pull up behind her and then the other cars pull up behind us. We all get out and wait for Alice to come out of whatever house she deicded to pick out. All these houses are nice and big, others more but it's a nice neighborhood. I just hope we all like it and I kind of just hope nothing really changes.

Alice comes out from around the corner, she yells my name and waves us over to her.

"Hey guys, i'm glad you guys actually decided to come and check the place out. it's really nice and I think you guys are gonna like it." Alice says holding the door open for us.

"Yeah, hopefully" I say. I look over at the boys and they are all grouped together kind of quiet. so I turn to them and say, "All it takes is one of us to not like it and we won't move here, I promise."

They all nod and we go inside. When I say my jaw dropped to the floor, IT DROPPED. Still need help picking it up. We walk in, It's giant. It's cream colored in the entrance of the house, double doors, a small elegant looking chandelier on the ceiling. Thats when alice starts talking, "The house has 10 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, a pool in the backyard, a full finished basement with a bar, and it has a back sunroom. If thats not enough bedrooms then the basement and sunroom can maybe be turned into something."

The boys start scattering everywhere to look at places. I wander up the curved stairwell letting my hand linger on the railing every step i take. This house is amazing and it looks so pretty but it doesn't feel like home. I get to the top of the stairs and i look down the hall and see a room with the door slightly open so I walk in, naturally. I open the door and the sight before my eyes, it's just breathtaking. It has light gray walls with a light blue accent wall where there is a queen-size bed that has silk silver sheets and comforter. The room is lit by a cute butterfly chandelier that has fake diamonds hanging from it and it's beautiful with a mirror on the ceiling and on the closet door. I walk into the closet and its huge. Enough for my clothes, jacks and like 5 kids if we ever have kids- I laugh to myself. The window is huge, it's beautiful. Makes me wonder how Alice can afford this house. I look out of the window and see kids around from a distance but the house is so far off of the street, so it's sitting further back than the rest. It's beautiful but could I live with her? Could I live with her after she left me? I was 16 when she left and I've been on my own ever since. Did no one care? Did she not give a single fuck about me? What i was going through? Couldn't answer a damn call or text? Like I was absolutely nothing to her, our childhood together was nothing. Our relationship was absolutely nothing. 

Could I put myself in a position to be hurt by her again? Could I deal with her leaving and going? Could I handle her trying to act like everything was alright and everything is in the past? It may be in the past really BUT it hurts. It's like an open wound that never was stitched or stapled shut and never healed properly because it didn't get the right care, the care it was SUPPOSED to. Opening the wound every so often for someone to pour salt into it. Never healed and I always question if it really will. I sit on the bed and put my head in my hands as I sob quietly so no one would hear me. I'm so tired. 

Just then I hear footsteps and i hear, "aw baby." from Jack and he comes over to me and holds me and then thats when i really sob.

"It is okay. All you have to do is say no and we will all be okay with it." I peak up at him and see every one in the room besides alice nodding their heads.

"Do you guys like it?" I ask

"It's beautiful but we don't wanna be here if you don't want to." shawn says

"What if nothing changed and she just ups and leaves like before? I can't get attached if she's going to leave." i say

"You have us. she can come and go but we're here forever. But, that is your sister. give her another chance." Grace says

"Okay.. well if we do stay, I want this room." i tell them and jack nods, "Yeah i like it."

Everyone just jumps on the bed and hugs each other. 

Here's to new beginnings.