6: Rio

Alana

"We here mama"
Sin said coming to a slow stop and putting the volume down. He turned to face me,
"You gone kiss me goodbye or naw" he said, leaning in closer, resting his arm behind my seat.
He was about to kiss my lips but I moved my face, making him groan and start laying kisses on my neck. "Sin stop it, we can't" I said, hardly trying my best to push him off. He groaned once again, "Not even a peck ma?" He looked at me with puppy eyes, his face few centimetres away from mine, my smile spread wide as I shook my head no. He sighed, running his thumb over my chin. "I hate yo nigga" he said, resting his forehead on mine. I giggled, "I know" I lightly head butted him. We got silent, us just comfortably staring into one another's eyes.

"You not leaving till I get some" he noted. I playfully rolled my eyes about to kiss his cheek when he redirected my lips into his. I felt fireworks go off the same as our first time. He explored my mouth. I moaned, he groaned. I felt a sea of butterflies within me, I shut my thighs tight to cope with upcoming flood.

Realising our shortage of oxygen, he captured my bottom lip, and sucked onto it as he slowly pulled away. He let go, and with delicacy and care, he pecked my lips twice. Panting, my soul exhausted from that kiss, I watched as he leaned across and open my door. "Go inside and get some rest mama" his voice hoarse and collective, speaking with innocence as if what just happened....didn't.
I stared at him perplexed. This man was just savouring my mouth and now he's nonchalant. I saw a smirk rise on his lips, probably thinking I didn't catch it as I made my way out his car.
"Love you ma" his words impactful enough to stop time. I turned back, my feet just touching the ground. He looked at me serious as can be, I let out a shaky "I love you too" before rushing out my seat and closing the door.

Did I just say that?
Why did I say that. Why did I say that.
God you're so stupid.
I can't believe I just said that.
He didn't even say I love you like you did. He said love you. There's a difference Alana.

I quickly made my way through my lobby, not forgetting to greet the security guard. I entered the elevator, my heartbeat racing, my nerves caging, my thoughts drowning.

I just told Sincere I love him.
Could I lose any more sense? Alana you're in a relationship. This wasn't part of the plan!

I heard the familiar elevator ding as I reached my floor level, I got out and headed straight for my door. I pushed the key in, entering a dim deserted apartment. Rio must not be here yet. I turned on all the lights before kicking off my sneakers and placing them on the shoe rack. I hung my keys up and placed my phone on charge. I ran my fingers through my hair, still processing the embarrassing moment I just endured. I waited for my cell to turn on so I could text the man I betrayed, when suddenly the front door was opened and slammed.

Wtf

I got up and headed towards the front door, when I was exposed to a Rio, in uniform, with a look of indignant all over his face.

Rio Keith Miller

I looked at her, immediately sensing him on her. I was on the job when I drove past a Friday's and I spotted Alana from the window sitting at a table with that nigga from yesterday. Now I ain't the one to jump to conclusions, I value addressing situations that don't sit right, so when I called her she didn't exactly lie but based off what happened yesterday, she clearly was being dishonest about him being just a friend.

I didn't stress too much about it, It was what I just witnessed that led me feeling this sudden distress. I pulled up here earlier than wished, so I decided to wait in my car until she pulled up, knowing he'd drop her off. I witnessed it all go down, her, him being intimate. My girl cheating on me right in front of my eyes. I waited till she was inside to exit out my whip, the nigga long gone.

Now we're here.
In the process of confronting her.

Alana

"Cut to the chase Alana"
He spoke out of context but I immediately knew that he knew. He made his way towards me before stopping directly in front of me. The tip of our feet touching. I looked up at him as he did the opposite.

"I-he's...an ex" I sighed, he nodded motioning for me to continue. "I was with him before I met you. He got into some stuff and was arrested, reason why we broke up. He was the reason you got jumped, I lied when I said I didn't know them.....he was released from jail yesterday and that's why he was here...to see me" I hung my head low, giving this guilty explanation. I was disappointed in myself, being truthful and faithful was all I had to live up to.
"So the kiss?" His face was mixed with disappointment and pain. I couldn't keep my eyes on him for long.
"He kis- He took my chin and pointed it back to where our eye contact was vertical.

"Don't lie to me Alana. I saw it all, you've already lost my respect, don't let this answer be the reason I view you as a liar" he voiced, I nodded signalling that I understood. "He kissed me and I kissed him back.....I felt something" I swallowed the massive lump growing in my throat, as I came true. I refocused back on him instantly regretting it. He was shocked but mostly....hurt.

"Aight. That's all I needed to hear" he said as he let go of my chin. "I'm sorry Rio, I didn't mean for it to happen" I sobbed, the tears now falling. I watched as he picked up his keys making his way towards the door. I followed him like a lost dog.
He stopped his tracks, his body reacting to my apology. He rotated to face me. His voice was soft and calm but through his eyes I knew he felt the total opposite.

"I know you didn't mean for it to happen but the thing is, you let it happen.....I gotta go, I'm not liking being in your presence any longer Alana. I'll see you around" and with that he left. Leaving his words sink deep. I kept replaying them in my head.

You let it happen

Which was true, I had every opportunity to stop things from escalating but I didn't. And I let that ruin my relationship. I went to bed not doing anything I had set to do and fell asleep into the arms of guilt.

I let it happen

Comment, share & vote pleaseeee
Thoughts on Rio? Is Lana at huge fault here?

Excuse any mistakes xx