28

Alana Smith

"Why was you at the pay phone" my mom questioned me as we both walked back to her car, her arms filled with a bag of snacks.
"Sincere" I quickly said, avoiding eye contact and hurriedly opening my door hopping into my seat. She opened hers, getting in giving me that look.

"Whaaat" I said as I took the bag of treats from her grasp. She shook her head lightly, as she started the car up and driving off. "I thank the lord everyday from protecting from falling in love with your Daddy the way you're in love with that boy" Mama smirked. I gasped, "What you tryna say ma. And you love just as hard as meee!! Daddy and Anthony's bum ass father" I rolled eyes just thinking bout Irvin's ass. He treated my mom so badly I wish I could drown him in lemon juice.

I believe my daddy, may his soul rest peacefully, was my mom's soulmate. They were together since they were thirteen, ma got pregnant with me when they were sixteen, by nineteen they were married. Our life changed the sumner I was to start first grade. He was killed in a drive by on his way to pick up my mom from work. For years, as long I could remember when growing up, ma never healed from that shit, if he was here they'd grow old together. But that all changed when Ma met Irvin's irkin ass, ma thought he was her true love. Liessss he was none but a cheating ass cheap ass no money ass bum that wanted to live off my mom and I. If my daddy was here he would've beat his ass.

"Nuh uh, I would've never given up no lawyer for no man Coco, believe dat" I know she lying, "Okay but mama I do recall someone having my daddy's name tatted" she rolled her eyes, "Girlll everybody do that!"
"Not at thirteen ma, especially when y'all were not even together for a month!" I folded my arms, smirking at her. "Girl get out my business" she playfully rolled her eyes before digging in the bag on my lap grabbing out a snickers bar.

"So what y'all talk about, how he doing, he had the chance to call Mariah yet?" Ma glanced at me momentarily before restoring eye contact back on the road.

I took a bite of the nerds gummy rope before responding. "He wants me come see him, like today, like as of right now" I said nonchalantly, observing the candy before my eyes.
"Coco you sure about this? Won't this make y'all look bad" I shook my head, remembering Sincere's words. "They got our shit out da mud ma, they know our past" I mentally smirked, I was talking just like him
I wanna be him sometimes lol
"So I guess this means you want me to drive you up there?" She asked reading my mind.
I cheerfully nodded, "Okay miss gurl" I chuckled, I swear my mom be thinking we the same age

__

Heart filled with warmth, I watched Cere come out in an navy blue jumpsuit.
I immediately stood up, waiting for the guard to release his handcuff before running into his arms. He picked me up and spun me around.
Ma watched from afar in admiration as we held tight to another like it'll be our last.
He placed me down on my feet and I looked at him in adoration.
I'm really love this man
I reached up stroking his face with my right palm as he placed both of his large hands on the sides of my face, pulling me closer so he could lean down and peck my forehead.
He feels like home.
I feel so safe in his presence.
I never wanna leave his side.

"ma girl came" he said down at me, butterflies circled within me. He moved his hands from my face and entangled our hands.

"She sure did" I said lowly, tiptoeing to kiss his lips. I was off my feet again, this time on cloud 9.

I was lost in his lips, I felt everything kissing your heart would feel like. I felt him grip my chin, deepening the kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him in more.